REDUCE THE ARMONICS SOUNDS BATA DRUMS

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

REDUCE THE ARMONICS SOUNDS BATA DRUMS

Postby levysinho » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:19 am

Greetings to all. my name is Levy and I am from Venezuela. and I have a Meinl fiberglass bata drum set. I'm starting to study these Afro-Cuban drums. excuse my English but I use a translator for you to understand me. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY DRUMS: harmonics, or "ECOS" excessive when playing on the "chacha".
Some congas have this problem.
There is a way to reduce these sounds to make it look more real?
I put plastic tape on the surface of chacha and i placed some FARDELLA in Enu that has reduced the harmonic in the Enu . I changed the original bufalo skin. You can put something inside the shell for reduce this sound?
There is a way to reduce these sounds to make it look more real? help me please. thank you.
Levy From Caracas Venezuela.
Levysinho
levysinho

Re: REDUCE THE ARMONICS SOUNDS BATA DRUMS

Postby Thomas Altmann » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:07 am

Hola Levy,

do you have a teacher? Have you searched the bata drums section in this forum for answers? If you are playing with the proper technique and it is still ringing too much, then it is probably the instrument that simply doesn't sound right. Fiberglass will never sound like wood, for example. You'll either have to improvise some kind of dampening or muffling inside the drum or buy another set. Consider, however, that a certain amount of "ring" is what also defines the sound of a drum.

Thomas
Thomas Altmann

Postby Anonimo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:07 am

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Postby levysinho » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Gracias a Thomas y a Faustino por ayudarme. colocaré dentro del tambor un poco de goma espuma para absorver el sonido. les escribire en los proximos dias con los resultados.
Gracias de Nuevo. Ashé

Thanks to Thomas and Faustino for help me. I will place inside the drum a bit of foam rubber for absorver the sound. They escribire in the next days with the results.
Ashé
Levysinho
levysinho

Return to Open Discussion