For those who teach music...

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

For those who teach music...

Postby pavloconga » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:08 am

In a similar style to a video called "The Clavé" that David P posted recently, for those who teach music, you may find this 'xtranormal' vid "The Music Teacher and The Parent" good for a laugh also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDF3CHqqb-4
pavloconga

Re: For those who teach music...

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Exactly to the point, this vid, hahaha. :lol:
For those who teach music it is surely a typical situation
to encounter this kind of parents...
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:08 pm

As a teacher I have encountered parents like that . They control and dictate everything..I personally won't deal with parents like that and I feel bad for the children.

For those interested in Learning Instrumental Performance in Latin Percussion Shoreline Community College is now the only 2 year College in Seattle,WA that offers a Degree in Music with a 'performance certificate'...and the only Community College that offers Latin Percussion as a credited course. Contact Barbara Kristik at 206 546-4742 or go to ShorelineCommunityCollege.com to sign up for Instrumental Performance in Latin Percussion. C U next year!...2011...
JohnnyConga

Postby DJBakan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:39 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:For those interested in Learning Instrumental Performance in Latin Percussion Shoreline Community College is now the only 2 year College in Seattle,WA that offers a Degree in Music with a 'performance certificate'...and the only Community College that offers Latin Percussion as a credited course. Contact Barbara Kristik at 206 546-4742 or go to ShorelineCommunityCollege.com to sign up for Instrumental Performance in Latin Percussion. C U next year!...2011...

Johnny,

That is so cool you teach Latin Percussion in a college "Congratulations", I wish they had that where I live. Currently I am planning to study Recording Arts but it is a double degree major with music performance. And they do not have Latin Percussion as a major as you will imagine. the other closest school is the University of Delaware and they do have Latin Percussion as a performance major but they told me there is no funding for that, pretty much they told me I will be the only student so paying teachers for only me does not work for them. The rest that I know have Latin Percussion are in Boston "Berklee College of Music" University of New York, and Puerto Rico.

DJBakan
DJBakan

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:19 am

Thank U! DjBakan.... I also was the first Latin percussion teacher at the University of Miami-Dept. Of Percussion back from 1990-92..Ritchie Bravo is now the Latin percussion teacher there.
JohnnyConga

Return to Open Discussion