Favorite Internet Radio Station

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Re: Favorite Internet Radio Station

Postby Anonimo » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:53 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Postby Psych1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:40 am

Psych1

Postby congamyk » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:56 am

I listen a couple and select the genre I'm in the mood for.... Latin Jazz, Salsa, Bossa Nova, Funk, Jazz, etc.

http://www.jazzradio.com/

http://www.sky.fm/

If you like Brazilian music like I do, here is a site you might check out.

http://spiritofbrazil.podomatic.com/
congamyk

Postby Derbeno » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:16 am

I use Pandora radio on PC or Smart Phone when walking.

Just type in your favorite artist and see what pot luck brings up. I got personal stations set up ranging from Fela-Afrobeat, Franco-Zoukous, Munequitos, Yoruba Andabo, Lazaro Ros, Los Van Van, Salif Keita etc etc

Not being presumptuous but for those that may not know the Pandora concept you type in the artist and it then also plays stuff from other artist closely or sometimes not so closely related in that genre.
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby Skulmoski » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:10 pm

Last summer I was listening to Johnny Conga's radio show. It was pretty good. I don't have the link any more, my sound card is broken and I am waiting to upgrade this winter to a Mac when I can listen to good online music. I also like to listen to CKUA.

GJS
Skulmoski

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Here is the link to my radio show AL LADO LATINO http://www.kbcs.fm on the main page clik on listen then 'audio archive'. then type in the shows name above..or my name and my last show will pop up on the right, clik on the HORN and listen to the show for 2 hours and last weeks show as well is also archived....let me know what u think?...Johnny Conga
JohnnyConga

Postby vasikgreif » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:43 am

I use Spotify ( http://spotify.com) , it needed some hacking to make it work here in CZ (as it is not in supported countries and who knows if it ever will be), but for all the US people here I would really recommend to try it - the biggest advantage I see in using Spotify is you simply search for the artist and you get a list of his albums available to listen, and trust me, there's really lot of stuff in there (not everything of course)...
vasikgreif

Postby niallgregory » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Great show JC . I try and listen as much as i can , some great choices on the most recent show i.e Eliel Lazo ! Keep up the good work man 8)
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby sgconguero » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:50 pm

From Central Texas area http://www.radiolacandela.com
sgconguero

Postby roberthelpus » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:59 pm

What about podcasts. It would be great to have something like Johnny Conga's show available as a podcast.
roberthelpus

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Yea they only post 2 weeks back per show..there is a play button to listen of course under 'audio archive' then type name in search and date of last saturday...u will a see a horn clik on the horn and listen...Tks guys for the Props!....JC
JohnnyConga

Postby roberthelpus » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:16 pm

A quick search found the Radio Macondo Podcast Not bad actually. The whole podcast thing works for me as it seems that most of my music listening seems to be on my mp3 player these days. My computer has cheapo powered computer speakers and isn't well situated for listening throughout the house. This is a nice way to hear something like good radio.
roberthelpus

Postby juancho » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:06 pm

juancho

Postby roberthelpus » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:48 pm

So I looked up some stuff about podcasting and just getting it up on the internets is relatively easy. But, if you are playing copywritten material it becomes more expensive. The live streams have to pay publishing royalties, where podcasting adds recording royalties on top of that. That's a simplified explanation anyway.

So I found this little program MP3 My MP3 Recorder 3.1 that turns streaming audio into an MP3 (or Wave) file by recording it off of your sound card. So I can now put Johnny Congas wonderful show on my MP3 player and listen at my convenience. There is other software out there that can do this and I will probably play with some others just for kicks.

Now one of the drawbacks to this is that you have to do this in real time, meaning that it takes two hours to record a two hour show. I am considering getting a wifi digital audio boombox for the house as another way to untether the streaming audio and podcasts from the computer on my desk.
roberthelpus

Return to Open Discussion