Giant Djembe Test: 20 Different Djembes Tested and Played

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Giant Djembe Test: 20 Different Djembes Tested and Played

Postby Mr.Rumba » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:46 pm

A ton of djembe drums, a ton of fun..hear what they all sound like (20 different drums) one after the other in this very casual review of the djembe drums that have come my way. Drums from Guinee, Mali, Senegal West Africa as well as commercial (Toca and Gonbops) djembes from USA, India, Thailand and Bali:
http://youtu.be/Na12NqmEBy4
Mr.Rumba

Re: Giant Djembe Test: 20 Different Djembes Tested and Playe

Postby p.a.dogs1 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:01 am

I would like to hear some bass-tones.

p.a.dogs1
p.a.dogs1

Postby Gallichio » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Very nice video Michael. It has inspired me to pull out my Djembe. Have you ever tried a drum made by the late Paulo Mattioli? R.I.P. He made some great drums under his company name of African Percussion. Smooth inside and out. They are very rare but if you can find one try it. I think you would love it. His drums were some of the very best I have ever heard. You are in the category of any drum you play sounds awesome. Thanks again for posting the video. I love all your drum voices.
All the Best!
Mike Gallichio
Gallichio

Postby Mr.Rumba » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Gallichio wrote:Very nice video Michael. It has inspired me to pull out my Djembe. Have you ever tried a drum made by the late Paulo Mattioli? R.I.P. He made some great drums under his company name of African Percussion. Smooth inside and out. They are very rare but if you can find one try it. I think you would love it. His drums were some of the very best I have ever heard. You are in the category of any drum you play sounds awesome. Thanks again for posting the video. I love all your drum voices.

HI Mike,
Thanks for the props and glad you enjoyed the video as well. I have not tried Paulo's drum. I can't remember what he was playing when he came to Maui when I lived there in 2000. I know he was a Remo artist. Do you have the drum now? If so please post a photo.
Mr.Rumba

Drumskull Drums Khadi Wood w/Goat skin played by itself

Postby Mr.Rumba » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:52 pm

My new Drumskull Drums Khadi Wood rigged up by Matt Hardwick in Santa Cruz at the shop (w/Goat skin)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wc7Adb4T5c
Mr.Rumba

Return to Other instruments