quiet drum?

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Postby chris hansen » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:27 pm

Hello,

Is there like a quiet drum for when you're in the living room and you really don't need to be that loud? Either an actual drum or something that would work as a drum?

Thanks.
chris hansen

Postby 35-1169066129 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:30 pm

hmmmmm....

Edited By #1 A on 1170274628
35-1169066129

Postby onile » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:08 pm

Alafia Abures!
I hope that you are well and in an abundance of blessings!

Abure Chris!
I'm afraid that short of purchasing yourself a "Roland Handsonic" Electronic percussion device and connecting some headphones to it, you won't have much luck, not to mention fun with playing "congas" or some reasonable facsimile!

Congas are not a quiet instrument, nor were they made with that purpose in mind. I'm afraid that it's gonna involve a bit more than just trying to play with a towel on the playing surface (you won't get the benefit of executing your proper playing technique), or stuffing a pillow into it.

This situation will require you to exercise soft technique first of all (this won't do you much good however, since you won't be able to work on the "slap" and "tones" you normally would be doing).

You can look at scheduling your practice times around those individuals that your are trying to be considerate of! Or, you can go to a park, friends house, or community college or university practice room (you'll have to make some arrangements with the school of course).

Wish you many blessings and luck with this situation!

Suave!

Onile!

here is a pic of the Roland Handsonic;

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... dsonic.jpg
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Return to Other instruments