SOS surface Repair

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

SOS surface Repair

Postby bobzline » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:03 pm

20130712_173749.jpg

I need some help trying to settle a dispute on a SOS quinto that I bought on ebay. They want an estimate. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure to repair a surface crack. Pulling off the hardware filling in the crack, sanding and refinishing. The crack is about eight inches long extending under two bands. Please help. bobzline@gmail.com
Attachments
20130712_173706.jpg
20130712_173201.jpg
bobzline

Re: SOS surface Repair

Postby pcastag » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:10 pm

200 plus shipping to a qualified repair man both ways.
PC
pcastag

Postby pcastag » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:12 pm

PS I received a cracked drum, about four verticals on the stave joints and the seller gave me 250' hope that helps!
PC
pcastag

Postby Omelenko1 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:35 pm

My recommendation, give Matt Smith a call. You have to add 2 way shipping.
Omelenko1

Postby bobzline » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:39 pm

Guys, we know who is qualified to do the repair. I thank you guys for your posts, hopefully ebay, the seller and me will come to an agreement soon.
bobzline

Postby Mr.Rumba » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:31 am

bobzline wrote:Guys, we know who is qualified to do the repair. I thank you guys for your posts, hopefully ebay, the seller and me will come to an agreement soon.

If you want it back this lifetime I suggest Tony Stern in Berekely California. Matt does wonderful even sensational work, but it could be years, (see the posts about how long he tales here on cf) before you see the drum vs a couple months for Tony. Just my 2 cents.
Mr.Rumba

Postby KING CONGA » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Mr.Rumba wrote:
bobzline wrote:Guys, we know who is qualified to do the repair. I thank you guys for your posts, hopefully ebay, the seller and me will come to an agreement soon.

If you want it back this lifetime I suggest Tony Stern in Berekely California. Matt does wonderful even sensational work, but it could be years, (see the posts about how long he tales here on cf) before you see the drum vs a couple months for Tony. Just my 2 cents.

I second that. This crack is minor and should not take much to repair, there is even a good chance that it wont need to be refinished, all depending on how it's done.
Ive seen Tonys work and it's very descent work not to mention reasonable.
Good luck.
KING CONGA

Postby bobzline » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:36 pm

I'll say, that all is true. I'm looking to settle with the seller, so that I can move forward and get the drum repaired. You guys are what is making it happen. Thanks. I sent the seller notes a month ago, that it would take a year and a half, sending it to Matt Smith. I used his name recognition to get the settlement. I just might use Tony Stern, really its about settling. Thanks again, down the road I'll try to post a pic of a repaired Quinto.
bobzline

Postby rhythmrhyme » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:31 am

I have the same drum (minus the crack) - it's worth some work to get one!! Not sure if Jay is even making them anymore.
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE