LOOKING FOR 3/8 LP TUNING LUGS

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

LOOKING FOR 3/8 LP TUNING LUGS

Postby Thebreeze » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:44 am

I am looking to buy or trade for 12 LP Tuning lugs in "Chrome" that are 3/8" thick and use the 9/16" wrench for tightening and loosening. These would be the same ones you would find on LP Galaxies and Giovani's with the chrome hardware. I know that they can be bought separately from LP dealers but they are not cheap so I am hoping someone might have a bunch in like new condition so that we can work out a sale or trade. Thanks.
Thebreeze

Re: LOOKING FOR 3/8 LP TUNING LUGS

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Well.... I decided to go with Moperc Tuning lugs which are made of 3/8" Stainless. His price is 12.00 each, which includes Lugs, Washers, bolts, and rubber tips. This to me is a very nice deal. Shipping from Canada to Calfornia came out to 24 dollars for a grand total of 168. This comes to 14 dollars per lug which to me is better than perhaps paying for LP Chrome tuning lugs which if I am not mistaken comes to about 16 dollars per lug for the LP 3/8 Chrome at

http://artdrum.com/TUNING_LUG_GALAXY_PA ... _CONGA.HTM

So you would have to just decide...Do I want LP Chrome plated? or do I want Moperc Stainless? In my case, I went with Moperc because with stainless I don't have to worry about pitting and I think the stainless is a better steel. I am going to put them on a set of Red Patatos I have to give them that Beefy look.
Thebreeze

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:44 pm

One other thing I just realized.... With the Art drum website, you have to order in multiples of 5 per set so if you want to buy 12 of them you have to order 15 as with Michel at Moperc, I wanted 12 and he sold me 12.
Thebreeze

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:47 pm

Correction from my last post.................you CAN order 6 lugs at a time from Art Drum. It will cost you 93 dollars total, so each lug will cost you just under 16 dollars apiece. So if you buy 12 at this price it will cost you 186 dollars, as compared in my case with Moperc I will be paying 168 dollars which includes 24 dollars for shipping, and I get Stainless Steel.
Thebreeze

Postby burke » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:41 am

Thanks for the info. I did not realize Moperc sold hardware as well.

Good to know.

D
Burke
burke

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE