FS: Skin on Skin Bata Set

Sell your intruments here, or post up any bargains you come across for sale.
Forum rules
Sell your own gear here, or post up any links to sales of percussion instruments.
KEEP IT POSITIVE PLEASE, SAVE ANY NEGATIVITY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE.

FS: Skin on Skin Bata Set

Postby bengon » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:34 pm

I'm selling my set of Skin on Skin bata. Jay makes some of the finest drums available. These are made from Cherry wood with oxidized steel hardware and are in excellent condition.

I'm located in Brooklyn. I'd like to sell locally, although I'm open to shipping if you are not in the area. My asking price is $Sold!. Please feel free to ask me any questions.
Attachments
CIMG0335.JPG
Skin on Skin bata
Last edited by bengon on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
bengon

Re: FS: Skin on Skin Bata Set

Postby congascott » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi,
Please call me or email me as soon as possible.

917-957-0953

scoschenk@aol.com

Thanks,
Scott
congascott

Postby Thebreeze » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:04 am

I wonder how those batas will hold up in years to come being that they are made with 2 sections glued together? I understand that Isla Batas are made with using cut staves ( not bent ) and they are one section only as opposed to two like SOS. Just my thoughts on it that to me these Batas might not hold up if they are used vigorously. Also....Jay went with the more inexpensive black hardware. Are these one of his lower end sets???
Thebreeze

Postby bengon » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm not a woodworker, but I don't think that these drums have any issues structurally. Gon Bops used a similar style, as well as Junior, if I'm not mistaken. Also, the way one plays bata isn't going direct a lot of force on the joint holding the enu and cha sides together. Even when it's strapped down, there is a fair amount of horizontal give when you strike the drum, as opposed to with a drum like a conga that is placed on the floor.

In any case, these drums have been sold a while back.
bengon

Return to INSTRUMENTS FOR SALE