Buying Timbale Sticks - Bulk?

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Buying Timbale Sticks - Bulk?

Postby Firebrand » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:54 pm

Guys,

I don't get hired to play too much straight Timbale gigs (more drums, and occasionally, a drum/timbale gig), but I'm the type of guy that doesn't like shelling out $7 or $8 for a pair of timbale sticks that I'll probably break in 2 or 3 gigs. I'm trying to stock up on Timbale gigs for when I do get called (like yesterday, when I had to play the gig with Vic Firth 7A Nova sticks) and save buying in bulk.

I'm looking for a no-name, timbale stick that is sold in packs of pairs (maybe 12 or so) that can be comparable to an Alex Acuna Conquistador (El Palo, Purple).

For drumset sticks, I buy Vic Firth Nova sticks, 7A, in packs of 12. Perfect for jazz and other drumset applications (I don't get called to do a lot of gospel, funk, or hard rock). Broken 2 or 3 sticks already. Still have like 9 pairs left (and I bought the pack like 5 months ago...will last me 2 or 3 years, for just a $25.00 investment).

Suggestions?

If packs don't exist, then at least a "hook up" on the cheapest place to get single or 2-3 pair packs.
Firebrand

Re: Buying Timbale Sticks - Bulk?

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:47 pm

LP used to have an affordable 10-stick pack of quite decent timbales sticks comparable to the red Alex Acuna Conquistador, but I dont know if they are stil available.
Peace & drum
Mike

Return to Timbales