Your experience with J.C.R timbales?

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Re: Your experience with J.C.R timbales?

Postby ABAKUA » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:57 am

Isaac wrote:Cucquito, It's time to show us your fantastic collection again...

And a fantastic collection it is! Blew me when I first saw the collection of vintage Timbales and Bongo, awesome. 8)
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby cuquito717 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:01 pm

you are taking things out of content there is no problem with matthew nor cali i just said that cali makes a lousy timbale , matter of fact matthew smith makes a very good timbales, now what is wrong with that he does not make bongo he does not make congas he only make a cowbells and they sound halfast matthew make a better bell better sound make quilty bongos makes quilty congas and knows what he is doing . and what i am say to any and all but a quilty instrument over spending your money on nothing have something to show.so mr abakua what is bad about tell any one you opinion it's an amenment right to say what right or wrong there is nothing racial they are both my friends one work better that other way better

ABAKUA wrote:Matthew Smith is held is very high regards here, his dedication to our art and quality of his work has earnt him international respect, with everyone who deals with him echoing the same comments of professionalism and positive dealings with him. He is an invaluable asset to our culture and art.
His racial background has nothing to do with the quality of his work.

Same said for Caly, the man is extremely well respected on here and we will not condone any bad mouthing of him, his customers or his proven workmanship.

Isaac has been a contributing member on here for a long time, he has sold countless high quality products to many members on here.

I would suggest you keep any personal attacks off the forum and if you have a personal issue with anyone on here, please sort it out via the Private Message system.

Congaplace will not support nor play host to this.
cuquito717

Postby cuquito717 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Back again there is no issues with matthew nor cali. It's not haveing a sound in mind it's the way a timbales was ment to sound , in the begining timbales were made of wood and i talking about current timbales no kettle drum design with a specific sound. To give a person a set of timbales with a mute sound on a timbales does not give wright intoneation how will they ever know if playing wright .A doctor,engineer or even a rooket scientist if you do not give them the wright tool can they do right job? They are happy to make noice not music thats my point. As to cuba you see there conditon the make do with what they have I have bongos made BC that puts todays bongos to shame same with timbales.

I also contact mienl I advice them on bongos currently i had cali make a set of hardware for mienl they are comming out with a 5 lug bongo to contra sales with lp's johnny rodrigues bongo the differance this is going to have 5 lug .

I want here in my attic asap i going to give you a leason of a life time in sound,qulity and trane you hear so you see what real music should sound like from soup to nuts .after that you will make more money you will know what and how to sell better.
well I am waittingggggggggg

Isaac wrote:Cucquito, It's time to show us your fantastic collection again...maybe you've posted it before.

Issues with JCR or Matthew aside...I know that you have a special sound in your mind
that you wish we could hear it with you...but there are many players here at many
different levels , with different ears and different needs and different budgets.

I sell to guy who are doctors and engineers, to guys just coming back from Iraq, to Social Workers,
guys getting out of Jail, and in half-way houses, born-again Salseros, All kinds of folks that are just happy to be making
music with anything they can get their hands on. It's rewarding to get to know them,
through our common love of the instruments.

Keep this in perspective...some of the best music I ever saw & heard was played on the worst made
instruments - in Havana, Cuba, summer of 1988.

Forget about the hardware war for now and no need to police the other craftsman.
We've heard of "robo-cop" - well, we don't need a Timbale or Bongo-Cop 2.
You wouldn't be writing this same critiques to Fender or Meinl, so leave the little guys alone...
They're not getting rich with their efforts - it's still a labor of love. In our F--cked economy,
everyones trying to survive.
It's easy to be an armchair critic. You most certainly have a greatly developed ear, but if you're
up to it physically, it's never to late to learn welding. In fact it's one of the trades that theres
a shortage of people. After a while you' may get good at it. or just enjoy it.
You should look into it.

ISAAC
cuquito717

Postby thomas newton » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:31 pm

cuquito717 wrote:it's an amenment right to say what right or wrong

Only in America. Not on the internet generally.
On a forum, if a moderator says you can't say it, you can't say it.
Tradition is not the custody of ashes but the propagation of fire.
thomas newton

Previous

Return to Timbales