Willie Rosario Timbal Solo?

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby lurigancho » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:27 pm

Hello ,I have never heard Willie Rosario take a timbal solo on his recordings, Has anyone know a song that features willie rosario taking a solo. I know his style is to keep a strong rythm section, which is cool.

Thanks.
lurigancho
lurigancho

Postby SkinDeep » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:22 am

I AGREE WITH YOU I'VE NEVER HEARD HIM NEITHER. THAT'S THE WAY OF MR. AFINQUE. HE'S ALL ABOUT THE SWING.
MOFORIBALE AL TAMBO!!!
SkinDeep

Postby OLSONGO » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:25 pm

Is interesting I was talking to a friend about that, yes he never takes a solo, and it sort of has become his signature. As you say skindeep, his main concern is the
"AFINQUE"
Is not swing if it doesn't have that swing.

Paz OLSONGO
OLSONGO

Postby SkinDeep » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:36 pm

IF YOU WATCH BOBBY VALENTIN'S 35 ANIVERSARY YOU'LL NOTICE HIM IN THE CROUD RAPPING WITH BOBBY'S FAMILY.
MOFORIBALE AL TAMBO!!!
SkinDeep

Postby neftali.rosado » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:16 am

I agree with Willie its all about the band and being real tight with execellent swing one of the best timbaleros in my opinion and the most humble.

Saludos,

Neftali Rosado Jr.
neftali.rosado

Postby Raymond » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:10 pm

Believe it or not there are songs with solos by Willie Rosario. Two that come to mind, although I do not remember the name of the songs but I know the albums. One is in the MP All-Stars album and another song in a recent Tony Vega album. The solos are practically just 16 bars at the longest and since the timbales are tuned so low you could barely notice them. Also, Willie has given solos in some of the latin jazz songs he has recorded but the same formula...direct and short.

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby SkinDeep » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:25 am

COÑO RAYMOND, I WAS JUST ABOUT TO ASK IF ANYBODY HAS HEARD HIS JAZZ ALBUMS AND FOUND SOME. QUE MENTE HERMANO!
MOFORIBALE AL TAMBO!!!
SkinDeep

Postby franc » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:12 am

yes! great AFINQUE! have follow willie since '' de barrio obrero a la quince''with singer ''chamaco rivera'' also have never heard him solo, but what a consistency in his afinque. one of my favorite band!! never heard his latin jazz songs. will search and bye his latin jazz cds. met him couple of years back while he was performing in this exclusive hotel in sanjuan and yes , he is very humble and respectful. always my best, franc :D
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby Vintage 1976 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:07 am

"Yani's Instant Mambo" From the "Fabuloso Y Fantastico" LP 1968 I believe.

Short solo, but this would be the pre-modern Willie Rosario sound we are all familiar with.
"Once again you hear the sound of the drums...you love it 'cause it's straight from the slums."
Vintage 1976

Return to Timbales