Opinions on Gon Bops?

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby Timbalero » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:56 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and want to learn timbales. Someone offered to sell me a set of Gon Bops Tumbao timbales for a reasonable price and I'm wondering how they compare to LP.

Has anyone here played them?

Thank you!
Timbalero

Postby Raymond » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:36 pm

For starters LP Tio Puentes are stainless steel. The Gon Bops Tumbao Series are chromed steel...(Somebody said rust....).

Based on that the attacked on the Gon Bops should be sharpers than LPs. Don't know the price but seing how some prices of Gon Bops have been expensive. (I have a better idea in timbales...Pearl MQs...polished steel, non rust, priced less than LP).

Have not tried them as you can see....

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby Timbalero » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:00 am

Thanks, Raymond!
Timbalero

Postby franc » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:30 am

TIMBALERO,
the gon bops are considered one of the best in the market well made instruments with great sound, also expensives. i will go for it, if it really is of a reasonable price. i have not even seen any gon bops here and even less played them. it is of great choice for profesional percussionists. my best, franc :rock:
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby SkinDeep » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:51 am

NOT IMPRESSED WITH THEM
MOFORIBALE AL TAMBO!!!
SkinDeep

Postby Mr. Timbalero1 » Mon May 15, 2006 5:52 am

Try the Remo Valencia Timbales. I used to play the LP Tito Puente brass and chrome Timbales and the Remo's are much better. They are easy to play and they have a brighter sound. I also like the JCR Timbales. Kenny
Mr. Timbalero1

Postby tjaderized » Tue May 23, 2006 11:24 pm

I have a set of 15 & 16" JCR timbales with deep shells fitted with Remo fiberskyn heads - they produce a helluva sound.
I always dreamed of a set of Gon Bops timbales but couldn't afford them when they were still available - liked them much better than LP whenever I had a chance to try them.
On older recordings, however, the guys I like the most all seemed to play Leedy ...
mike
tjaderized

Re: Opinions on Gon Bops?

Postby cuquito717 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:00 am

A PISCE OF CRAP SOUNDS LIKE TIN CANS
cuquito717

Postby cuquito717 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:01 am

SEE MYSPACE.COM/CUQUITO717 ENJOY PHOTOS
cuquito717

Postby cuquito717 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:20 am

hi you have one person that is giving you great advice remo is one of the best timbales made today all others ring to much
cuquito717

Re:

Postby cuquito717 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:22 am

tjaderized wrote:I have a set of 15 & 16" JCR timbales with deep shells fitted with Remo fiberskyn heads - they produce a helluva sound.
I always dreamed of a set of Gon Bops timbales but couldn't afford them when they were still available - liked them much better than LP whenever I had a chance to try them.
On older recordings, however, the guys I like the most all seemed to play Leedy ...
leedy or rogers best timbales ever made in history of timbales
cuquito717

Return to Timbales