New LP Karl Perazzo Timbales - Apparently new shell - not same as TP's

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby dannydrumperc » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:36 pm

Has anybody seen/tried them? LP's webpage says they don't have the same shell as the Tito Puente's.

LP's - not Matador. Click here for info

Edit: Those will be available for April 2005

Edited By dannydrumperc on 1107369514
dannydrumperc

Postby Raymond » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:51 pm

Don't bother with this....The big flaw here is the cowbell holder and the same regular steel shells, cheap ones indeed, that the regular Matador timbales have..What you get here is the "Mexican colors" design. That's it.

This is part of LP's intention to improve their Matador line but besides the design it does not offer any improvement at all..They, Matador, have done it pretty good with the congas and bongos but somehow they are reluctant to provide a quality timbal that could be played professionally. The big flaw is the cowbell holder that has a design that comes from low in the set up and is not capable to hold cowbells or block in a good efficient way. Don't know if they do not want to tap into the top of the line Tito Puentes in the LP brand....Don't know. (Hey, don't be fooled...unless he is doing it know, I have not seen Karl Perlozzo using these timbales...he still got his stainless steel LP Tito Puente and not the Matador you are talking about).

The shells of the Matador timbales sound awful for cascara playing...(Notice Matador has a set of timbales in "nickle color shells"). These timbales are probably good for a trap drummer that wants to add color to its drum set and will not use the cowbell holder and/or cascara area. For that, there are good choices out there that are probably better for a good price.

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby dannydrumperc » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:31 pm

Check out the LP webpage. They have a new line of Karl Perazzo Signature timbales in antique bronze finish; not the Matador's with the Mexican flag colors.

I inserted a link to the info in the first post.

Edited By dannydrumperc on 1107369323
dannydrumperc

Postby Raymond » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:57 pm

Oh! Oh! I retract myself....I did not follow your link originally. Is a new LP timbale with Karl Perlozzo's name on it. Ummmm! Well, I am amazed that LP did this for him and not for others (could we say Marc Quinones that is no longer there..)

Well, they are not out until April, so we will have to wait. (They look like the nickel plated Matadors that I mentioned).

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby Jongo » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:39 pm

I think the original Karl Perazzo timbales they came out with were just all marketing. They painted them red, white and green and put his name on their and there you have it. The same Matador timbales but now they are the Karl Perazzo edition. I am a big fan of the Matador line so I hope they actually improved these instead of just marketing them in a different way.
Jongo

Postby dannydrumperc » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:35 pm

Jongo wrote:I think the original Karl Perazzo timbales they came out with were just all marketing. They painted them red, white and green and put his name on their and there you have it. The same Matador timbales but now they are the Karl Perazzo edition. I am a big fan of the Matador line so I hope they actually improved these instead of just marketing them in a different way.

The new ones are not Matador, but LP.

Tha ad says they have a different shell from the Tito Puente Series, with a brighter sound.

We'll have to wait until April to check 'em out.
dannydrumperc

Postby Jongo » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:19 pm

I should have read that more closely. So the new ones are LP and not the Matador ones that had previously been the Karl Perazzo signature timbs. That will be interesting to check those out when they come out in April. I hope they are good!
Jongo

Postby dannydrumperc » Wed May 18, 2005 7:42 pm

I've just recieved a newsletter from LP advertising the new Karl Perazzo timbales. There's nothing new yet on LP's website. I think will see the the ads soon on Modern Drummer and the likes.

I would like to try one: thiner shells = brighter and resonant tone.

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... timbs.html
dannydrumperc

Return to Timbales