Great timbale licks in "non-latin" songs

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby Norte » Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:51 am

I had posted a similar topic on the Yahoo timbale list.

By "non-latin" I mean a group that is not typically identified as salsa, mambo, rumba, etc.

I just bought "The Best of WAR", which, besides being the best CD (double CD actually) to listen to while driving around L.A. in a convertible, has some wicked timbale licks.

You listen to Tito, Prado, et al, you will hear some great timbales, and you expect it. I'm looking for the unexpected.

ps. On the same trip I went to a taping of the Wayne Brady Show, featuring musical director Peter Michael Escovedo; unfortunately he didn't play the timbales , although Wayne noodled around on them during the closing credits.

Edited By Norte on Oct. 13 2003 at 02:18
This really blew my mind, the fact that me,
an overfed, long-haired leaping gnome
should be the star of a Hollywood movie.
Norte

Postby franc » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:23 am

hola norte!! como estas?? what do you mean by ''yahoo timbales list'' does yahoo have a percussion forum?? i'm curious. my best and aché to you!!! your sfrien, franc :cool:
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby Johnny Conga » Tue May 11, 2004 6:00 pm

Hey Gus and Gals...my brother in NYCity is selling his MINT condition RARE Silver Rogers timbales with a stand, bells, cymbal and "rolling" timbale fiber case. They have only been out of the case 2 times in 30 years, he's not a musician, but a lover of the music. I used them once in 1989 at the Village gate, when I was touring with Nestor Torres. They are in MINT condition with the Rogers seal. The lst bidding on them was $600...any takers? u can email me privetly ok?...cool
JC JOHNNY CONGA... :;):
Johnny Conga

Return to Timbales