LP cowbells on Meinl Luis Conte timbales?

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby kerabe » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:50 pm

Does anybody knows if LP Cowbells fit on Meinl Luis Conte Timbale? LP uses different measurments than Meinl and I don't know what does this sign mean-e.g.4''
Is 10mm 3/8"?

Kerabe
kerabe

Postby Raymond » Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:13 pm

Yes, they fit. As long as the cowbell has a good "tightening mechanism", which all modern models do, and the cowbell holder is not too thin or too thick, which I have not find any with problems, you could use any kind of cowbell with any set of professional model timbales.

I have a Luis Conte Model and I have used all kinds of cowbells, timbale and cha-cha, and jam blocks, and they all fit. (LP, JCR, Osiris, Meinl, etc).

(Check in the archives, this forum's comments and critique of the Meinl's Luis Conte Signature Model. It could be useful to you...)

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby kerabe » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:08 pm

Thank you for that information.....by the way I have these timbales one year and I am completely satisfied with them.......till this moment I haven't noticed any problem with the central screw holding the pailas as you wrote about in some comment about timbales.(I thing it were you,didn't you?)

Kerabe
kerabe

Postby Raymond » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:35 pm

Yes. It was me. Still the screw does not work. However, since there are two screws in the holder, the good one is doing the job fine. Have not been able to find a replacement part yet. They are a great set of timbales. Lately, there the ones I have been using to dare to be different with the "comon" LP. The "cascara" is getting better with the playing.

Saludos!

PS: Waiting for the Marc Quinones' model from Pearl. Have a decision to make which one to keep LP Tito Puente or the Meinl Luis Conte. Maybe I keep them all...

Edited By Raymond on Nov. 21 2003 at 21:36
Raymond

Return to Timbales