"Dandy" Bongos

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

"Dandy" Bongos

Postby mangorockfish » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:56 pm

There are three sets of LP "Dandy" bongos on ebay. One set has the traditional hoops and the other two have a different type hoops. Why would the hoops be different on a signature set when all three are supposed to be new?
mangorockfish

Re: "Dandy" Bongos

Postby Drum_Addict » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:40 pm

Dandys have the Valje style rims, The one with traditional rims I bet were taken from a LP Generation III, Don't fall for it, Is not original. Also The Lugs are not the original ones since there's no "LP" Logo on them and the shape is way wrong for that model.
Drum_Addict

Postby mangorockfish » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:44 am

When you say the lugs don't have LP on them and the shape is wrong, are you referring to the tuning rods? Did you look at the pics on ebay? The color looks weird also. Thanks for the imput.
mangorockfish

Postby Drum_Addict » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:38 am

Yes, the tunning lugs, I saw the pics on ebay. I can tell because I have one. The others are from stores this one is from a seller.
Drum_Addict

Postby mangorockfish » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:22 am

Thank you very much. I thought it might have been an earlier version and LP had changed the hardware for the newer ones. The color seems to be darker also. Thanks again my friend.
mangorockfish

Postby caballoballo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:05 am

Saludos, Dandys model Imho is the best lp bongó. They come with better skins than the others and is also beautiful made . But be aware that by having a 9 " hembra that sound will not be that concentrated or tight than by example a 8.5" cylindrical or an 8 5/8" conical shape. Still it is a great bongó which I owned some time ago.
Josean
caballoballo

Return to Bongo