VINTAGE 1971 LP PALISADES PARK BONGOS

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

VINTAGE 1971 LP PALISADES PARK BONGOS

Postby Omelenko1 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:03 pm

Posted in the "Instruments For Sale" section. Possible trades accepted. NO Pearl, Toca or Meinl. Decided to part with them because I have 2 pairs, my 1967 Zebara Wood and these. What Jose Mangual, his sons Louie and Jose Jr., Dandy Rodriguez, Roberto Roena and Tony Fuentes played and recorded with. The bongos of choice by the heavy weights. In excellent condition. Getting impossible to find these original models (70's) mahogany these days. Made in AMERICANA. If interested and you have an interesting pair, email me privately.
Attachments
securedownload (30).jpg
securedownload (29).jpg
Omelenko1

Re: VINTAGE 1971 LP PALISADES PARK BONGOS

Postby Psych1 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:30 am

Bought mine new at Manny's as a graduation present to myself. Of all my collection this is the only one that I will never part with. Good thing that I started with this one. Great bongo in every respect. And, mine has a lifetime of memories built in to it's mojo. Traveled with me everywhere for many years. And, still good as new - maybe better.
Psych1

Re: VINTAGE 1971 LP PALISADES PARK BONGOS

Postby jorge » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:26 am

I bought mine at Manny's also in 1973 for $69. I just fixed a few small cracks, refinished the shells and put an old conga skin on the hembra and a new kip skin on the macho. Sound better than ever. Maybe if I find a really good skin for the hembra I can get my Skin on Skin oak bongos to sound as good, although the SOS are better build quality.
jorge

Return to Bongo