Hard Bongo Case

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Hard Bongo Case

Postby caballoballo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Saludos, just started to modify this box made by Sound Barrier. The box is built to hold 24 mics and also has a separate compartment for cables etc,etc.The inside has the dimensions to be converted into a Bongó case. Still I have to finish the inside but that is a job for tomorrow after I get some foam at my job. In the market we know it is very hard to get a bongo case so here is my improvisation. :D
Attachments
SAM_0427.JPG
Sound barrier modified case
SAM_0428.JPG
SAM_0429.JPG
Josean
caballoballo

Re: Hard Bongo Case

Postby Psych1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:12 am

That looks like a good strong case for road-tripping, check-through, and maybe even for sitting on. Looks too big for carry-on - what are the exact dimensions?

But, instead of foam you could use one of those cheap soft cases inside - an idea I got from one of BNB's posts. That gives you a lot of different options when traveling.
Psych1

Postby caballoballo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Psych, the box is 23.4" X 12.8"X 12,2". The one I usually use for gigin is about the same size. As you can see it has a compartment for the cowbells, beaters & spare parts. Very convenient.
Josean
caballoballo

Postby salcero1 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Caballo is it waterproof? That's a case I would with no doubt purchase myself, perfect dimensions and reinforced strong outer surface. If one values their equipment highly it would not matter of the cost of adequetely strong protection. That case reminds me of old airline cases that used to sell at Manny's on 48th near Broadway in Manhattan. Back in the day they had loads of strong cases such as that one you posted for storage of small percussive and woodwind instruments. Nice job it will serve you well. Peace.

Jorge.
salcero1

Postby Ebongo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:33 am

Nice case. At the same time, i'd want a case that can be carry on in flights.
Ebongo

Postby El Magnifico » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:34 pm

Nice traveling case!
El Magnifico
Puerto Rico
"Playing one bongó at a time"
El Magnifico

Return to Bongo