Opinion on Pearl Elite Fiberglass

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby caballoballo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:11 pm

Hello everyone,Iam new on this forum.Last week after a long time time looking into the web I decided to buy the Pearl Elite
fiberglass beacuse I wanted a 9" hembra instead of the tradicional 8.5 or 8 5/8 and all other brands were much enpensive or have something I did not like.I just want to know if anybody have the Pearl Elite and what is the opinion,the heads will be replace with Nuskyn. I have and 18 yearl old Valje with fiber skin heads, strong sound and volume.So I decided to go fiberglass this time,I hope this was a good decision. Thanks
Josean
caballoballo

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:48 am

Bienvenido Caballoballo...I Endorse Pearl Elite Bongos with the Nuskyn. I think the sound is good and the bongos are strong..."JC" Johnny Conga...... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:50 am

Here they are in Concert...."JC" Johnny Conga... :D

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... eattle.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby Raymond » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:37 am

Richie Bastar of the El Gran Combo plays a Pearl Elite Bobby Allende Signature bongo in Fiberglass with Remo Fyberskins (that the bongos come from the factory)...I use a Pearl Elite Richie Flores Signature wod bongo (but with non stock Fyberskins that I put myself). Anthony Carillo plays a Pearl Elite (in Tropical blue) wood bongo too... (We are three guys endorsed by Pearl that you could see us playing with Pearl Elites here in Puerto Rico...)

I love my bongos and they sound great..(I am getting a set of Bobby Allendes next week to start playing with them here)... Recommend them to anybody... Very sturdy, great hardware and sound great!

All these bongos are 7 and 9 and they sound great. The 9 hembra gives a great bass tone.

The "regular" fiberglass are great looking bongos. Another good offer in fiberglass is the Bobby Allendes I mentioned that Richie Bastar from "El Combo" uses.

You could find Pearl Elites here in Puerto Rico in Villa Music, in Santurce, and in Music Sound, in Caguas... (If you cannot find them let me know...write me an e-mail)... (If you are getting it from somewhere else let me know...By the way, I am interested in people getting their Pearl Products here in Puerto Rico so I want to know and make sure you have it here so you could get it....again...let me know....)

I hope this helps....

Saludos!

Edited By Raymond on 1125809728
Raymond

Postby caballoballo » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:30 am

Thanks everybody,

Raymond, I am waiting for the people at the Drumswork to send me the Bongó,I should get them this week. I remember calling villa music and asking them for another brand other than LP but the one they offer me was a Meiln 7" and 8 5/8. I did not order the wooden one(although I did like a lot,specially Island Shadow) because I already own a Valje which is well constructed and sound great. I play with a small SalSa Band,2 Trumpets and a Sax,we are 9 players. We play classic Salsa and our own original.
Josean
caballoballo

Postby Raymond » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:22 pm

Caballoballo,

Too bad Villa could not get you the Pearl Elites in Fiberglass here locally...(I know they have the wood ones)..

Anyway, are you going to the Richie Flores - Horacio El Negro Hernandez' clinic at Villa Music in Santurce on the 12th of September???? Tickets are free but you have to go there to get them...I'll be there together with most if not all of the Pearl Endorsers in Puerto Rico and some of the people from Pearl in the US...Will be great to meet!

The other alternative to get Pearl Percussion Products, they are friends of mine is Music Sound in Caguas. (787 258-2170). They will be willing to order, in case they do not have it, Next time, if you are trying to get Pearl here in Puerto Rico...contact me, I'll help you out...

Next time your band gigs let me know to check you out! Saludos!
Raymond

Return to Bongo