bongo

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby percomat » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:01 pm

hi, i have being playing just congas the last years, earlier i played more percussion instruments, including bongo. now i want to use them again, but i find myself a bit limited, compared to what i can do with congas, it seems to be more possibilities with congas. but the reason why i post this is that i now open up for the possibility that it actually is the same possibilities with bongos, but i wouldn`t now, since i`ve just been interested in congas the last years. so what do you think? what more is it to it than the martillo, the handbell and improvisation? ???
percomat

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:29 pm

Bongos can be used in a variety of "styles". I have used them in Disco to Salsa. I am of the school that you learn the "family", congas, bongos and timbales. It can only make you a better and stronger player, also versatility as I like to say is "key". Don't limit yourself as to what "you" think you can play versus the many "ways", you can play. I myself am called for "side" jobs on all three,so there are more opportunitys for work,also........"JC" Johnny Conga.... :;):
JohnnyConga

Postby percomat » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:02 pm

good answer as allways jc, by the way, i finally got the passaporte record from amazon, with tata and anga, after waiting many months for it, but it was worth it. i`ll wait another couple of months i guess for the gonzales recording you recommended.. what about bongoseros, who`s your favorite?
percomat

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:40 pm

HI Percomat....Thanks....my favorite "bongoseros" are"
"Old" Skool:
Tony Fuentes
Candido Camero
Armando Peraza
Mongo Santamaria
"Yeyo" Iglesias.........

"New" skool:
Anthony Carillo
Tito de Gracias
Paoli Mejias
Edwin Bonilla................."JC" Johnny Conga......
:D
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:42 pm

Hi Percomat....try Descarga.com or Pexstore.com for Cuban music and oldies(NY Salsa-60's era)....."JC" Johnny Conga.... :;):
JohnnyConga

Return to Bongo