More Crazy New's

This forum will be used by CongaPlace to announce what's new on-line... have a look at the new stuff and come back here for a quick comment! In this forum is not allowed to post new topic [reply only].

More Crazy New's

Postby Anonimo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:07 am

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Re: More Crazy New's

Postby cdldrum » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:11 am

Sir,

According to the website Fender (FMIC) has owned Kaman and it's subsidiaries since Jan 2008.

"In January of 2008, FMIC also acquired Kaman Music Corporation (KMC), the largest independent U.S. distributor of musical instruments and accessories. KMC produces and/or distributes Ovation®, Takamine® and Hamer® guitars; Latin Percussion®, Gretsch® Drums, Gibraltar® Hardware, Toca® Percussion, Sabian® cymbals and Genz Benz® amplifiers; in addition to a full catalog of more than 36,000 wholesale music products.

FMIC’s corporate headquarters is located in Scottsdale, Ariz., with manufacturing headquarters based in Corona, Calif.

Peace, Chas
cdldrum

Postby Anonimo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:42 am

Anonimo

Postby cdldrum » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Wow... now that's a long closing.... thing it will take as long for the changes

you mention to show up ? I've read where some of the subsidiaries are already

having CEO shuffles.

Peace, Chas
cdldrum

Postby RitmoBoricua » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:32 pm

I do not know now but at one point Sabian was part of Kaman music corporation. So there is chance LP, Toca and Gon Bops are under the same umbrella if Sabian still part of Kaman music.
RitmoBoricua

Postby Anonimo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Anonimo

Postby Dangler » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:01 pm

cdldrum wrote:KMC produces and/or distributes Ovation®, Takamine® and Hamer® guitars; Latin Percussion®, Gretsch® Drums, Gibraltar® Hardware, Toca® Percussion, Sabian® cymbals and Genz Benz® amplifiers; in addition to a full catalog of more than 36,000 wholesale music products.

Fenders list of brands is crazy,just off the top of my head in addition to what has already been mentioned:Guild,SWR,Gretsch guitars..........
Dangler

Postby akdom » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Now this backs up some of my posts saying that these major companies become gigantic.....

For the record, I just purchased a new set of congas and I did not want to support the big brands! I highly encourage anyone to do the same.

I am not saying that we need to boycott these major brands, but rather help the smaller ones producing instruments with skilled craftsmen. Most of the big brands produce in cheap labor countries and sell us their products at 3 or 4 times their producing costs!

We'll soon see a couple of brands owning 90% of the market and slowly "killing" the small ones. How sad is that?

B
akdom

Return to News