New rhythms for congas - two new rhythms added online....

This forum will be used by CongaPlace to announce what's new on-line... have a look at the new stuff and come back here for a quick comment! In this forum is not allowed to post new topic [reply only].

Postby CongaMan » Tue May 28, 2002 8:19 pm

We have just added Maculele and Capoeira, two new patterns for Congas: ENJOY!

P.S.:
Thanks Timo!

Edited By CongaMan on May 27 2002 at 23:19
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby RayBoogie » Wed May 29, 2002 9:23 am

Maybe I'm a total idiot, but I cannot find the two new rhythms mentioned. Can you direct me to it.

RayBoogie

Postby timo » Wed May 29, 2002 1:35 pm

Go to :

http://www.congaplace.com/instrument/congas/index.htm

and look in the Brazil section.

By the way Congaman, on the front page of Congaplace.com the place where it reports a new update, the link to the congbook goes to the forum.

all the best.
AXÉ

timo
timo

Postby RayBoogie » Thu May 30, 2002 2:17 am

Thanks Timo!!
RayBoogie

Postby CongaMan » Thu May 30, 2002 9:52 am

Thanks Timo!
I corrected the link on the home page....

To go to the new rhythms pages you can click here (no frame):

CAPOEIRA
MAKULELE

or go to the congabook and search for the rhythms section.
Bye! ;)
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby timo » Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:56 am

HI congaman I'll send you two more variations on the makulele this week. Mostly because I'm moving to Finland late next week and don't have acces to a computer easily...

plus once I get there I'll suply you with larg quantities of other Capoeira material..

al the best. :D
AXÉ

timo
timo

Postby CongaMan » Fri Jun 21, 2002 4:56 pm

Great Timo! I look forward to receiving the stuff...
I'll be away next week but as soon as I come back i will work on your new material...

Take care!
Bye :)
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby Ben » Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:23 pm

Hey Congaman, great site. Will you be opening up the Classifieds section of the site again soon? I'd love to see what the site users have to sell and trade. Thanks, Ben.
Ben

Postby timo » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:42 am

HI everyone, just wanted to inform something about Capoeira music ... in a Roda there are three Berimbaus playing, one Atambaque, two Pandeiros and a Agogo. a Reco Reco can also be added. Also something about the capoeira rhythm, (the one with all instruments), theres only one Berimbau, because i only know that rhythm, but istruments SHOULD NOT improvise but stick to the rhythm. Only the Pandeiro usually varies sometimes. This is really hard to explain, so ill write some of the rhythms on paper, (no tabs), and we could enter them into the webpage to clear things up,(somehow). With all the instruments separetly. :) (and once i get hold of a scanner ;) )
AXÉ

timo
timo

Postby tamboricua » Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:30 pm

Hi Timo, hope all is well! I'm looking forward to check out those Capoeira rhythms notated.

Saludos, Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby timo » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:52 pm

Ok, got a scanner and the rhythms should be on the way, atleast i think so... There are two rhythms the way i learnt them from, Contra Mestre Siri De Mangue, and Mestre Angolinha,(and theres still a ton left to write), theres Angola, which also has São Bento Pequena in it, and Angolinho(not sure about spelling), for Berinbau. And a basic Forro rhythm for atambaque,(basically the same as the normal but sounds better).The other rhythm is São Bento Grande, a much more faster rhythm. Myabe some day ill send, more stuff, like Yuna, and Amazonas...etc and maybe some variations, since there are about as many variations for some rhythms as Mestres. ;), plus maybe some variations (basic general "improvisations")... well see.

i sent them to congaman and i hope he receaves them so i dont have to go through this crap of finding a scanner (that doesnt even work properly!) again. Plus if you can make anything out from my writing.. ;)
all the best..

timo

Edited By timo on Dec. 18 2002 at 17:54
AXÉ

timo
timo

Postby estebansongo » Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:44 pm

CongaMan wrote:We have just added Maculele and Capoeira, two new patterns for Congas: ENJOY!

P.S.:
Thanks Timo!

hola, me podrias mandar alguna partitura de songo o algun ritmo latino a mi correo electronico?
stryper666@hotmail.com
estebansongo

Postby tamboricua » Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:12 pm

Esteban, please visit the Congabook at this site. Plenty of rhythms notated.

Hope this helps!

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio
http://www.rhythmweb.com/jorge
tamboricua

Postby Mike » Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:32 am

Ho Timo,
Great stuff you posted! It is only recently that I have been beginning to learn Brazilian rhythms. (There is so much time and effort you can spend on the "Cuban business" ...).
Concerning the Capoeira, I was wondering how fast this rhythm is to be played. Do you have any suggestions about the tempo/speed?
My pupils are eager to learn it since we dealt with the Brazilian past, and increasingly fitness studios focussing on martial arts have Capoeira in their schedule. Interesting!

Bye now,
Mike
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby Laurent Lamy » Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:12 pm

:) Hi Timo and all,
Is it possible to have somme precisions about Viola ang Gunga? What kind of instruments is it? Thanks for those beautiful rythms!!!
Laurent Lamy

Next

Return to News