ANGAMANIA - Now available as PAL

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby Charangaman » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:09 am

To all the Euro Conguero's, Angamania is now available as DVD on PAL format..

Check..

www.musicinmotionfilms.com
Charangaman

Postby gilbert » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:54 pm

did you watch it ?

still the same problem with the delay between sound and picture ?
gilbert

Postby Charangaman » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:03 pm

No I didn't receive it yet, I'll let you know - should be here by friday..
Charangaman

Postby ABAKUA » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:47 pm

Ive had it for some many years now on video (PAL) and no delay with audio/visual....
Id be interested in getting it on DVD as the video version I have is slighlty damaged from age...
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby Charangaman » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:50 am

O.k so I got the DVD and no problems whatsoever, everything sweet as.. And by the way I love it!

Compared to some others I've seen it's not so polished or proffessionally produced, Anga even makes a couple of boo boo's but the warmth and feeling and imaginacion is second to none..
Charangaman

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:37 pm

yeh :D we had a chuckle about that with Anga. :laugh:
He asked me what I though of his vid, I told I thoroughly enjoyed it, simply cause it was him. Very good to steal stuff from him which he does, and what he explains, is clear etc.
Told him how I really dug the bits where he went through mixing kit, bata, tumbas etc, was nice to see it being done after hearing it for so many years with Irakere.
And also the piece where they play the tribute to Emiliano Salvador... great work there..
But I had had a few beers by this stage and we were getting cosy and personal after a few hours so I got the courage to say in jest while still ont eh topic of his vid, yeh but you cant play slow! He burst out into laughter and goes, acere, I know, I know! For the life of me, Im too used to playing **** at a million miles per hour, I just stutter when I have to play something really slow without thinking it through! :D (he makes his boo boo's in the vid when he plays marcha slow)
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby Charangaman » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:44 am

Yeah man, a slow marcha has so many empty spaces it's easy to get lost.. He could have edited it out but it shows the humanity of him he didn't...

Plus his congas are all scratched up and all everything natural - one take business.. I've seen Giovanni videos, the guy has been in make up, candles and crap everywhere, to me it was a staged, prolonged show off session.. Whereas Anga takes time to explain his methods, philosophies etc.. It feels like one to one tuition..

My five congas..
Charangaman

Postby congamyk » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:13 am

I put in Anga Mania to show a friend tonight and the VCR player ate the VHS. Is the DVD available in the states?
congamyk

Postby ABAKUA » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:04 am

congamyk wrote:I put in Anga Mania to show a friend tonight and the VCR player ate the VHS. Is the DVD available in the states?

Same here. :( Now looking out for the DVD locally.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:08 pm

I still have my VHS copy mint condition but I don't believe it's available in DVD, unless tansferred from VHS.....which I can do at a price...I would have to take it to a place that does transferring, I can't do it here in my home...it is now most likely and will be a "collectors item"......"JC" Johnny Conga.....
JohnnyConga

Postby ABAKUA » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:58 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:I still have my VHS copy mint condition but I don't believe it's available in DVD, unless tansferred from VHS.....which I can do at a price...I would have to take it to a place that does transferring, I can't do it here in my home...it is now most likely and will be a "collectors item"......"JC" Johnny Conga.....

Its available on DVD.
Received word from my drums tore they have mass quantities in video and so arrive in DVD format also. :cool:
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby Derbeno » Tue May 08, 2007 6:34 am

As of this month (May 07) the DVD is available in NTSC format.

http://www.musicinmotionfilms.com/asdf1.html
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby zumbi » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:00 am

i have the dvd (ntsc) version:
the audio is not perfect as, at times, one channels drops out for a few seconds before coming back.
but this take nothing away from having the privilege of listening and watching this great master sharing ideas, techniques and vision...
we miss you, maestro.
peace & blessings!
zumbi

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students