The Lost City

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby Derbeno » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:27 pm

I finally sat down and watched this DVD and all I can say is WOW!
Great story line, scenery with constant terrific music in the background or foreground..

I read that it took Andy Garcia 16 years to finally make this film, I also read that he owns 25 Conga drums.

Here is synopsis:
In Havana, Cuba in the late 1950's, a wealthy family, one of whose sons is a prominent nightclub owner, is caught in the violent transition from the oppressive regime of Batista to the government of Fidel Castro. Castro's regime ultimately leads the nightclub owner to flee to New York

All the above is acted out in a DR location to the music of Chocolate, Benny More, Cachao, Trio Matamoros, Ernesto Lecuona, Chapotin, etc

Edited By Derbeno on 1191713395
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Re: The Lost City

Postby Gallichio » Sun May 04, 2008 10:07 am

I also watched this movie and enjoyed it. It must have been the worst of times when hard working people have everything taken away from them. I just wish in the movie the lead man played by actor Andy Garcia would have retaliated at the people that caused his family and friends so much death and heartache.
All the Best!
Mike Gallichio
Gallichio

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students