Just Another Day in the Park - Raul Rekow and Karl Perazzo

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby Jongo » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:48 pm

I just got this DVD the other day and it is pretty good. It is not an instructional DVD but a studio performance feature. There is a segment where they talk about what they are playing and they broke it down for the viewer but that is it in terms of pure instruction. To me the real value of this DVD is watching Raul Rekow, Karl Perazzo and El Negro playing together and jamming. That was really cool, and well worth the purchase price. I bought it through amazon marketplace and paid like $6, very well worth it. My only criticism is that they are playing fiberglass congas with synthetic Remo heads and I think wood with natural skin would have sounded so much better on some of the more traditional tunes they play. I guess that is the downside of having an endorsement deal, you have to use the products no matter what. But back to the DVD, for me the performances were fun to watch and it was totally worth it.
Jongo

Postby gilbert » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:34 pm

helped me alot

i learned the Guarapancheo rythm from this DVD
gilbert

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students