Yoruba Andabo DVD - ??

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby ralph » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:37 pm

Am i the only one that purchased the "Rumba en la Habana con Yoruba Andabo" and felt cheated...the bata and palo stuff is nice if your looking at it from a historical standpoint, dramatized, but no one is playing on that dvd, except on like two songs, out of the whole thing, they dubbed "El Callejon de Los Rumberos" and plastered it on the dvd music video style, its almost ridiculous...i though i was going to see rumba a la "Rumbambeo" but alas.....i'm sorry when they are rolling credits at the end, thats when anyone is actually playing in a live setting, and then the sound is bad, whatcha gonna do?

Edited By ralph on 1132011517
ralph

Postby Isaac » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:17 am

Ralph, I ordered it also, and it
was very staged MTV video
only with rumba. This is the stage show
they do for tourists, only outdoors.
I watched one saturday afternoon and
fell asleep!
There's plenty of other videos that
are more spontaneous.
Although I love Yoruba Andabo, I've watched them
on a friends home video, a better DVD
is Rumbon Tropical, with a new group called
"Rumberos de Cuba" mostly past members of
Conjunto Folklorico Nacional. Its 63 minutes.
I got it from descarga.com

~ ISAAC ~
Isaac

Postby ralph » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:01 pm

i stayed awake just on principal...i've even watched it two more time to see if maybe i missed somthing, but no...if i watch it it will only be to watch the bata segment..

Ralph
ralph

Postby onile » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:29 pm

Alafia Abure Ralph!
I hope that you are well and in an abundance of blessings mi pana!

I have the DVD that brother Isaac mentioned, Rumbon Tropical, and one other one from "Boogalu Productions", let me tell you that, you won't be dissappointed with either of them. There are some heavy duty cats playing some really good stuff, rumba, palo, guemilere, guaguanco, and all in DVD format. I mean, brothel, the quality of the DVD is as though you are right there! Surprisingly enough the quality left me wanting to buy more, saddly though I've only tried the two:"Rumbambeo" & "Rumbon Tropical"

here is the site if you would like to check out their list: http://www.boogalu.com/

Suave!
Onile!

Edited By onile on 1132342257
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby ralph » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:37 am

Onile,
i do have rumbambeo, and it is worth the price, definitely good quality sound and concept...still haven't got Rumbon Tropical though, although maybe for Christmas i'll treat myself, who knows....

Ralph
ralph

Postby CIMARRON » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:39 am

I have secrets videos of the beganing of YORUBA ANDABO in HAVANA whit Aspirina and group of HEVY OLUBATAS- this video is secret things happeng in this videos whit the combination of VOUDO players from Tata Iganga secret family pure ceremoni just for Iganga.:rock:
Fidel castro
CIMARRON

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:53 pm

If they are so "secret" what are u doing with them?....and how did u get it?...."JC" Johnny Conga... ???
JohnnyConga

Postby pcastag » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:01 pm

Casa de la pinga? Que carajo!
PC
PC
pcastag

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students