"our latin thing" - review

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:37 pm

Hey guys there are some new DVD's one is called "Festival de los Tambores"-2003 which features a group of "kids" called "Los Ibeyes,Jr." featuring a 12 year old singing gallo,playing quinto, and then singing and playing the IYA. It will blow your mind. the other DVD's are "U laka laka" which is Carnival in Cuba 2003, with nobody in the stands to see or experience this, event, what a trip to see nobody inthe stands on the Malecon...the other DVD is called "Rumba Tropical" featuring another Rumba group, playing cajon and rumba, they too "smoke" u can find these at Descarga.com and I also believe at BoogaluProds.com.....the "kids' will blow you away...the New Generation rumberos are starting to play even younger now. I have seen them playing quinto as young as 9 years old, and tearing it up....look out guys cause here they come..... :D ..."JC" Johnny Conga.....
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:42 pm

I have also just received my "Provisional Patent" on a New product for congas that I have invented. I will let everyone know when it hits the market, cause EVERYONE will want this product, no doubt about it....I will also be going into the studio soon to do my NEW learning DVD-"Conga-Robics", that will be about 2 hours long and answer hopefully all the questions you may have about playing, it will also feature many things like "styles", theory, application, excercises and more....peace out for now...."JC" Johnny Conga.... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby onile » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:38 pm

Oye Papa!
Estoy interesao en este video! I'm actually trying to learn to read music, which is tricky at my age!
Raymond de Boringuen gave me some good sites to visit, but eveything is helpful. I've played now for over 30yrs, but never learned to read, Shit! I was born illiterate!:laugh:

Dejame saber acera de tu video/dvd

Suave!
Tony
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby onile » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:45 pm

Alafia Abures!
I believe I also saw the DVD available on "Musica Boricua" website, for around $29 or so! I had the "vinyl" two record set from back in the 70's, man it cooked! Descarga Fania was how do we say?....."estaba got deme":laugh: I played it till the grooves wore out on the album, then I would just look at the pictures on the album cover! I believe it is well worth the price, even if only for historical purposes, tracking the evolution of New York Salsa!

Suave!

P.S. I liked your tag JC "my two congas worth" or something like that!

Tony
onile

Postby onile » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:44 pm

Alafia!
I just checked into this, and if anyone is interested in this DVD it's available for under $26 at http://www.musicaboricua.com

Suerte!
Tony
onile

Previous

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students