Papo Pepín-Al Natural! - Debut Solo CD!

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby Tonio » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:43 pm

Raymond wrote:The 21 year old was Tito de Gracia, who still records in Rohena's records, and the 16 year old was Richie Flores..... Very impressive.

Saludos!

Richie can be a monster, if he isn't allready. He's more into to the Giovanni type style(speed player) . But he does have some chops. He was in Jerry Gonzalez's video. I've got a couple cd's with Richie on it, though it is not of totally traditional songs/style.
Tony
Tonio

Postby tamboricua » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:37 pm

Raymond wrote:I do not think Vilato recorded with Rohena. I know Endel Dueno was with the band on the heyday twice. Cuqui Santos, now with El Gran Combo, replaced Endel Dueno in Apollo 7.

According to Orestes Vilató himself, he used to go into the studio with Johnny Pacheco, (vice-president of Fania records at the time), and would fix recordings for other people, like El Gran Combo, Sonora Ponceña, Apollo Sound, among others. He never get credited because they were suppose to be their recordings.

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Previous

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students