Congajoy video - has anyone got a review on it?

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Postby congabebe » Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:34 pm

Hello,
I was wandering if anyone has seen the Congajoy video by Bill Mathews? Anyone have a review on it?

Thanks,
Congabebe
congabebe

Postby Muata » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:21 am

Congabebe,

I have the Conga Joy video, and I think that it's a pretty good instructional video with A LOT of different rhythms. The only problem I have is that he does not play the rhythms long enough; however, this is a minor complaint because I feel that the video is worth the money. Those of you who also play the djembe will benefit from this video too.

One Love,
Muata
Muata

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:36 pm

The Conga Joy videos are cool and you can learn a lot of rhythms from these videos for 2 drummers. He plays the patterns slow enough for you to play along though as my Brother Muata stated they don't play too long at all, and Bill moves on to the next rhythm. I asked him about one in particular that tickled my fancy and that was the "jesse malanga" rhythm, cause I laughed my ass off too when I heard it and saw it. and asked him didn't he make that up, but he said "No that is a real name of a rhythm", of course I didn';t believe him ,I knew a Jesse Malanga back in NYC...smile...but the videos are cool, he also shows you on jembe and ashiko...At your Service...JC JOHNNY CONGA... ;)
JohnnyConga

Postby congabebe » Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:53 pm

Thank you for your comments. I have been watching the posts and saw other comments about this video being very good. I will have to order it. I know there is a website were you can order it direct, I looked at it to.

Peace,
congabebe
congabebe

Re: Congajoy video - has anyone got a review on it?

Postby Gallichio » Sun May 04, 2008 10:20 am

I have been using Conga Joy books to teach with and they are excellent.
All the Best!
Mike Gallichio
Gallichio

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students