Looking for "History of Songo".

If you know about any good item or you are looking for it, use this forum to post your messages!

Looking for "History of Songo".

Postby pulse » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:15 pm

Does anyone know where I can get the History of Songo video and booklet with Changuito? New, used, copy, trade or buy at this point because I can not find it anywhere. The publisher says it's permanently out of print and the plans to release it on DVD are no more.

Someone offered to trade for a copy two years ago, but at that point the publisher was planning to release it on DVD, so I decided to wait. Now even the VHS is gone :-/

Hoping,

Pulse
pulse

Re: Looking for "History of Songo".

Postby vasikgreif » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:51 am

Same here, I got just the audio from it (thanks to Kevin Moore), I didn't find the original VHS anywhere... Someone offered somewhere a copy on DVD, but I got no reply...
vasikgreif

Postby kevintimba » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:17 am

Here's a link for the VHS

http://www.sheetmusic1.com/rvlabs/shopaddtocart.asp

They also have the fascinating "Evolution of the Tumbadoras" which has Giovanni and Changuito sitting across from each other with a sea of congas in-between them, interviewing each other and playing duets.
kevintimba

Postby vasikgreif » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:14 am

Thanks for the link, Kevin, but, as I supposed, they don't have it. Here's the reply from them:

Hello,

Sorry, not in stock, out of print. The title has already been removed from
the web site.

I'm pretty sure it isn't possible to buy it anywhere online anymore. So, trying it again:

Any of you guys who are lucky to have History of Songo and Mano a Mano on VHS could digitize it and share it with us? Or I would be happy to do the digitalization, if someone would send the VHS to me to the Czech republic...
vasikgreif

Postby Thomas Altmann » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:58 am

Hi Vasik,

I would be happy to do that, besides because I'd like to have a digital copy, too. But coincidentally, I just lost a very rare and precious book about the Orisha Shango that I sent by mail to an abure in London. It was an original, and it got lost in the transport. So, never again!

Good luck,

Thomas
Thomas Altmann

Postby niallgregory » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:15 am

vasikgreif wrote:Thanks for the link, Kevin, but, as I supposed, they don't have it. Here's the reply from them:

Hello,

Sorry, not in stock, out of print. The title has already been removed from
the web site.

I'm pretty sure it isn't possible to buy it anywhere online anymore. So, trying it again:

Any of you guys who are lucky to have History of Songo and Mano a Mano on VHS could digitize it and share it with us? Or I would be happy to do the digitalization, if someone would send the VHS to me to the Czech republic...

I recently gave my copy of the history of songo to a find to put on dvd for me and she maintains it will not copy .Must have some protection thing going on ?
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby vasikgreif » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:24 am

Propably MacroVision protection, it's solvable:

To get your VHS tapes in the PC for making DVD, there are many ways:

1) buy an analog capture card (click on Capture Cards on the left column), there are a lot of them to choose from. Be aware that most capture card will NOT capture tapes with macrovision.

2) use a DV camcorder with pass thru mode and connect it to PC with Firewire. If you have a DV camcorder, that will do. If you do not have one, maybe buying one is good if you plan also to video tape events in your life. This is so far the EASIEST and SIMPLEST way to capture analog video (and certainly DV video) to PC without crazy problems like dropped frames, audio out of sync, etc...

3) buy a DVD recorder (less than 100$ these day), make sure you buy the brand that has a firmware hack to ignore macrovision.

Hope this helps you (us)... 8)
vasikgreif

Postby CONGA4U » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:13 pm

I have a copy of it on DVD. Let me if you youre interested in getting ahold of a copy, or trade you. good luck
CONGA4U

Return to Books, Videos and CD for conga students