Volcano Percussion .

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Volcano Percussion .

Postby Jaisen Torres » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:21 am

Does anyone know whats going on on with Volcano Percussion ?
Are they still in production ? I know since since the great Tom Alexander passed , I haven't heard anything about the company & its production .
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Re: Volcano Percussion .

Postby salzfaas » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:22 am

Hi Jaissen
His friend Nolan is trying to relocate the company to another island and set up shop again.I have some mango Volcanoes that I might want to trade with you if interested?
salzfaas

Postby Mr.Rumba » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 pm

I am interested in Volcanos :) Please pm me here :)
Mr.Rumba

Postby Jaisen Torres » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Hello salzfass, I sent you a PM, im interested.
Im sure I can make you a very attractive trade...
I know we have spoke in the past , not sure if you have my but I will pm you my number thanks.... talk to you soon.
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby Jaisen Torres » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Mr.Rumba wrote:I am interested in Volcanos :) Please pm me here :)

If someone is reaching out to me with an offer how do you think you just gona come & try to intervene... That shit aint cool ! Take it easy kid, relax , be easy. !
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby Jaisen Torres » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:58 pm

Jaisen Torres wrote:Hello salzfass, I sent you a PM, im interested.
Im sure I can make you a very attractive trade...
I know we have spoke in the past , not sure if you have my but I will pm you my number thanks.... talk to you soon.

Here is my email.. & sent you my number ,check you PM Box.
obamoro74@gmail.com
tucosabuena@yahoo.com
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby Jaisen Torres » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:01 pm

:wink:
Last edited by Jaisen Torres on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby Mr.Rumba » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Sorry Jaisen, I thought if it was posted out openly it was open to anyone. No offense meant. It's all you :)
Mr.Rumba

Postby Jaisen Torres » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:18 pm

Mr.Rumba wrote:Sorry Jaisen, I thought if it was posted out openly it was open to anyone. No offense meant. It's all you :)

Mr. Rumba , If you read his response it was to me directly ,
So in turn I felt you was cutting my throat , I guess I took your reply the wrong way.
In turn I want to sincerely apologize for coming off the way I did.
I guess like I said I took it the wrong way.
No hard feelings , its water under the bridge... :wink:
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby Mr.Rumba » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:24 pm

It's all good! No problem. Hope you get the drums :)
Mr.Rumba

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:07 pm

I am a Volcano artist...Tom Alexander the creator and maker of the drums passed away last year...I have a friend in Tacoma Washington who has 40 Volcano's and is selling a set of 5 for $10,000 dollars...Nolan in Hawaii was Tom's apprentice...he said he may take over and start making the drums himself..but he lives on one island and all of Tom's equipment is on another ...so it may be awhile before they are made again or never....
DSCN0083.JPG
JohnnyConga

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:47 am

Let me see now..... 5 for 10,000 . Or.....you could probably get 10 skin on skins + a couple of bongos, or 10 Matt Smiths plus a couple of bongos....... seems to me that you would have taken leave of your senses to buy 5 congas for 10,000 dollars just because they are Volcanos???? ok, Volcanos use polished stainless steel hardware, so does Manito. Volcano uses staved hawaiian woods, Manitos woods are solid and staved and are very nice as well, and you won't pay that kind of money. Volcanos are very over rated for that kind of money. Also...take a look at PM Percussion. They also use polished stainless and their woods are beautiful, and much much less expensive than Volcanos. A friend of mine has a set and yes, the craftsmanship was excellent, but I did not care much for the sound, nothing special that some Matadors could definitely compete with for sure.

http://www.pmpercussion.com/finished-products.html

Nothing personal but It's good to see that you can pay far less for similar quality!!!!
Thebreeze

Postby Mr.Rumba » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:28 am

I played on the Volcano for two years in Hawaii with my friend Jesse who is a Volcano endorsee. He has a full set of congas, bongos and bata. We also had S.O.S. in the group and LP. Giovanni. My personal experience,In a drum ensemble is that they were very nice drums to play. However, not noticeably better.. or worse then the LP Giovanni or SOS. It's just personal preference. But they were noticeably lighter and oh, so beautiful. We also used them on our CD called Barabajaba. I have many videos of our group performing with different configurations using a variety of drums, I can post some of the music here if anyone wants to hear a nice recording of them. I do agree that the Manito drums offer a much better bang for your buck. Also, Ryan Manito does not take forever to get you the drums and he answers e-mail and the phone which is a nice change if you have ever tried to order from Matthew Smith (I have 3 MS as well). I have some Manito bongos on the way and also some drums so I will post video/sound demos. I also did a comparison video of PM drums with Spirit In The Wood, Matthew Smith, Gon Bops California and some old Fats. The PM's def.held their own. The video is on my Youtube channel. The PM are great drums, built solid and very nice tone and skins as well.
Mr.Rumba

Postby Derbeno » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:01 pm

5 for $10,000 dollars

mmm Like everything they are worth only what the market is willing to pay for them. If he cannot sell them for that amount then they are not worth that value.

I got two Koa Volcano, and 'this' market will definitely not pay 5 for $10,000.
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby Omelenko1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:26 pm

My personal opinion. Matt's Ritmos and Jay's Skin on Skin. Nothing compares in today's market.
Omelenko1

Next

Return to CongaSet and accessories