Cutom Builder Missing links?:help Please...

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Cutom Builder Missing links?:help Please...

Postby norskdrum » Wed May 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Hello to All..
Just wondered if I could ask fellow members for links to some of the top conga makers already got Mat Smith,Moperc,Timba,Isla
but can not find SOS,SOl, Valje,Juniors,; I suspect one or two of these are no longer in production, :(
If anyone as any other custom builders they would like to add please let me have the link...

From what I have read to date The Mat Smith`s seem to be very well thought of :D

Best Wishes To You All
Steve
norskdrum

Re: Cutom Builder Missing links?:help Please...

Postby s'chopp » Wed May 02, 2012 1:37 pm

Hello norskdrum,

Valje are now Resolution Drums, the original maker's son runs it.

www.resolutiondrums.com

Spirit in the wood make solid shell drums, these seem like the best buy to me but there are a range of opinions here!

www.spiritinthewood.com

SOS, somebody here will throw you Jay's phone number, they are still in production.

Other forum members will know more about how to track down Junior's drums, they are still available secondhand but I would go for something new.

Sol have ceased production but are available secondhand occasionally.

There are others closer to you, Twice percussion make lovely looking drums and also Reiche trommelbau who use African Mahogany as standard and Munz & Simonsen.

www.simonsen-holzart.de/conga_congas.html

www.reiche-trommelbau.de/

www.twicepercussion.ch/index.html

This post contains whatever I may have missed,

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3881

Phew, oh yeah I hear ya on the price of those Volcanos on craigslist!
s'chopp

Re: Custom Conga Builder Missing links?:help Please...

Postby norskdrum » Wed May 02, 2012 3:02 pm

:mrgreen: Good day s'chopp

Really can`t thank you enough for taking the time to list for me these superb Conga makers..I did search the forum but did not find the link you kindly gave to the wider topic of independent makers,sorry about that.

I have now visited all of them I was able to and book marked for good measure...Wow so many fantastic builders of custom conga`s quite amazing.
Hope we get some feedback on the European makers?

I will state once more I will buy what ever is generally thought of as the best? and I don`t mean what looks best! but waht could be made to sound just that bit better than the run of the mill examples..and yes I know it is mainly the individual that makes the difference not the drums.
but reading as much as I have to date there is something to be said for some of these Wonderful custom drums...

Just got to narrow the list down to say a top three?and take it from there,on the plus side a lot cheaper to order from within Europe than say Cuba USA,e.t.c.Then if it were felt for example the Mat Smiths or the PMs were so highly thought of then I think I would take the plunge and order these? we will see a lot of research still to do...hopefully with you guys helping me.

The same applies to the TIMBALES,Bells,Blocs,and other useful accessories..if a few are held to be so much better than the massed produced then once again I will go for what is best.

sorry for rambling on so

am so into this I am spending 12 hours + a day on the net

best wishes Steve
norskdrum

Return to CongaSet and accessories