Ritmo Percussion ~ Matthew Smith

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: Ritmo Percussion ~ Matthew Smith

Postby ABAKUA » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Guys I spoke with Matt today, got off the phone with him about 10 minutes ago. I hadnt been in touch with him since just before I left for Cuba in November last year. And since returning in late April had kept meaning to call him but time just goes...
I phoned him for his bday, caught up and got talking about where he's at etc.
His difficulties should be coming to a close in the next few weeks, upon that chapter of his life closing he will be able to resume full time work on what he does best.
Things to look forward to include a new functional website being professionally done, not too far off from being completed.
He sincerely apologizes for delays and lack of communication. He is not hiding or anything of the sort. He is never near a computer while these dramas are on and is on a backlog of approx 12 months at this stage for any new orders for congas. He is very reluctant to take on any new orders as his current situation does not allow for full time attention to the craft.
Legal battle is taking up all his time and concentration at the moment.
He is well and in good spirits and thanks all those who still believe in him and his craft. He will be back soon and badder than ever! 8)
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby onile » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:40 pm

Nsala Malecum y Alafia Abure Mi!
Thanks for the update Abure Abakua!
Unfortunately, for me, when I was able to talk with him.....back in the day, he commented similar sentiments to me. You should know, as well as anyone, that no matter what your intentions are, there are no accidents......he is where he is at because of the lessons he is supposed to learn in this life, whatever they are! Maferefun Olodumare! Maferefun Gbogbo Orisha!

He will get here, when he gets here, of course that isn't much of a comfort for those of us that have been waiting, but I guess "false hope" is better than "no hope." I sincerely wish him well, and may his Ori carry him through whatever he is enduring, whether family, legal or otherwise. My patience is still waivering, but nonetheless, I'm praying for him!

I didn't mean to steal your thunder Papa, the fact that you are in communication with him is great and welcoming to hear. Sometimes the stress and pressure is so great, that some of us shut down those parts of our lives that we feel can be resumed at a later point in time. As for me, I'll wait.......because I know what the end product is like, and me likey berry, berry mucho muchacho the drums this great man produces! Hey, but that's just me talking!

Send him my greetings at next you speak with him brother Abakua!

Malecum Nsala!

Onile!
Last edited by onile on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby pcastag » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:09 pm

Good to hear! hopefully he'll be able to find my bongos in that pile of work. going on 3.5 years! :D :shock: :lol:
PC
pcastag

Postby Psych1 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:08 am

We have heard this before - and, from the same source.
Psych1

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:59 am

Yep, sadly the US system for this type of legal court issue can drag out much longer than anyone expects or wants. Not easy when you are told one thing by the system and it drags on and on through the courts system. Certainly not the best situations for all involved, however the brother aint hiding from noone nor is he incommunicable. I reach him any time I ring him and if he aint home, there is a voicemail service.
Website is closer to being completed, currently artist profiles being compiled to be added also.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories