remo skins

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby gilbert » Mon May 30, 2005 6:29 pm

hey guys
i just bought the meinl mongo santamaria signature and i want to put the remo skin but i cant know which model i must put on them

any help is appreciated

10ks
gilbert

Postby maSSivdrums » Mon May 30, 2005 8:22 pm

Gilbert,

Try going to http://www.westcoastdrumcenter.com and click on the World Percussion heading on the left side of the home page. Then scroll down till you see the Remo Nuskyn and World Percussion section and click on that. The next page will have a chart list for various brand fittment. On that chart is the Headliner, Marathon and Woodcraft Product number and size. Off hand, I don't know what the Artist series Conga's is modeled after. Hope that helps.

Aloha, maSSivdrums

:cool:
maSSivdrums

Postby GuruPimpi » Mon May 30, 2005 11:26 pm

Gilbert, hello!

I suggest you to go on remo.com and sign in on a forum (drumtalk) and give a question about the heads to the people at Remo (thread: ASK REMO). I gave them a question about my Woodcrafts series and I got answered in a week - very good, the answer was not that good, cause the standards for heads are not common to all brands, but... Check it out for Mongos.

BTW, how do you lik your Mongos? My Woodcrafts are awesome!

Hope that helps!

Groove on!

Primozz
GuruPimpi

Postby Raymond » Tue May 31, 2005 10:36 pm

Remo makes two types of synthethic heads, Fyberskins and NuSkyns for congas. The biggest differences about them is that Fyberskins have more overtones, therefore project more, and NuSkyns have less overtones.. (For live situations, Fyberskins are much better although the sound you want is important). Also, be aware that NuSkyns come with "tucked" heads or with traditional head rings just like natural heads and some people have founded easier to set up. (Fyberskins are coming with tucked heads but are not available in a wide basis yet).

Your decision is there to make regarding what sound you want. Check Remo's info on each type of head.

Regarding conga brands, I think there is no problem with Meinl, although, they could specify "tight fits" like it happens with some brands. Remo, before they changed their site, use to have a good list of the fits for each major brand, LP, Meinl, Pearl, Toca and Remo itself. Sizes are standard of what is out there with the exception of the small or non standard sizes.

You should check it out.... Saludos!
Raymond

Return to CongaSet and accessories