Meinl Fiberglass Congas

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby mangorockfish » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:56 am

Has anyone seen or tried the new Meinl Fiberglass drums? The pictures I saw looked just like LP's Potato models except for the lugs.
mangorockfish

Postby Raymond » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:29 am

Seen them....Yes they look like Patatos but really look at it and notie that they have that "sharp" cone shape after the ring or middle part of the conga. (All Meinl's in Fiberglass have that shape).

Patatos have a more rounded shape finishing with its small bottom or mouth.

Have you try them???

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby mangorockfish » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:02 am

Hey Ray,
No, I haven't tried them, only seen pics of them. Man, I love my wooden Meinl Pros, but am really Jonesing for a set of fiberglass ones. I really want a set of LP fiberglass Classics. I think that is what they are called. They are the ones that are 28" tall and have the big openings in the bottom. Have you tried these LPs?
Mangorockfish
mangorockfish

Postby Raymond » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:26 pm

Have to admit I always like the way Meinl congas sound. I'll bet their new Fibercrafts are pretty good. (They are just revamping their lines since Fibercrafts, as well as some other Meinl's models came in odd sizes and not the standards we all are accostumed to.

The LP Fiberblass Classic, yes, great congas. However, I always liked the Patato style because of the sharp tones...The Fiberglass Classics have to many low tones and do not project as good as the Patato Styles, i.e, Galaxys and Accents (used to play with Galaxys).

However, if I may, have you checked the Pearl Bobby Allende's . As a new endorser, I am getting myself the trio for my gigging. I tried them once and they are somewhere in the middle in the tones I mentioned with the LP. I liked the Pearl comfort rims that are much better than LPs and already have my favorite Remo Fyberskins. Great style and color, no middle seam or ring like others, they actually look like wood congas and are 28 inches tall . Also, they are priced muched better than LP Fiberglass Classics... Just a "plug"...both Meinl and LPs are fine congas but for me Pearls (obviously) and I recommend them all the way....

Saludos!

Edited By Raymond on 1110220065
Raymond

Return to CongaSet and accessories