toca limited edition congas

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby trevormolinos » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:32 pm

hi there
anyone out there got any opinions or thoughts on tocas limited edition congas are they as good as meinl and lp congas thinking of purchasing and would like to hear peoples views ive played them and they sound pretty good but would appreciate advice.thanks
t molinos
trevormolinos

Postby RitmoBoricua » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:49 pm

Hi. I been had a 13" Toca Limited Edition tumba for about 5 years now. Never had any poblems with it. Pretty good quality with heavy duty hardware and comfort rims. The only thing I may change is the finish color I am not too crazy about it, Dark Blue. Love the sound. All in all very comparable to LP Classics or Pearl Elite. :)
RitmoBoricua

Postby Raymond » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:40 pm

Consider Pearl Elites. Quality as good as LP and others and better priced. Now, they have new models with great designs. Now, they are the congas Ray Barreto among others...are using...Tell us what you get!

Saludos
Raymond

Postby Jesus Muñoz » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:27 pm

i have this model of tumbadoras, and forme the only tumbadora that's better are lp classic & higher, the diference are that you play the toca tumbadoras, and Idon't now, but the sound is different, is better, when you listen it before, and the lp is more generouse in this way, you listen the soun that you listen then. IS THE LP MIRACLE!!!!
Me enloqueses cuando ignoras, mi estilotropical
Jesus Muñoz

Postby trevormolinos » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:41 am

hi
the reason i was thinking of purchasing the tocas was because they have a quinto and the price is very cheap.i can also go with a pair of lp classics in the same price range but 3 drums seem nicer than 2.
t molinos
trevormolinos

Postby RitmoBoricua » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:22 pm

Hi Trevor Molinos. I see you are from Thailand. Correct me if I'm wrong but is not Thailand where congas and bongos are mass produced by LP, Toca, Pearl, Meinl and others? What kind of prices you have over-there? I would not be surprised at all if they are really expensive in Thailand. How are you guys recovering from the Tsunami? It seems to me the U.S. Navy has really provided invaluable help and assistance in some areas of Thailand. Take Care..... :)

Edited By RitmoBoricua on 1109525342
RitmoBoricua

Postby trevormolinos » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:58 am

hi ritmoburicua
i am from the uk but been living in thailand for the last year.yeah lp meinl etc manufacture their drums over here but thailand doesn't have an dealership here so tracking a shop down has taken a while.the high street price here is ajust over half of that in the uk so thinking of getting 3 l.e tocas or a pair of classics.as for the tsunami yeah things seem to be pretty well back to normal though less tourists in the worst hit places.like all disasters life goes on..
t molinos
trevormolinos

Postby RitmoBoricua » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:44 am

trevormolinos wrote:hi ritmoburicua
i am from the uk but been living in thailand for the last year.yeah lp meinl etc manufacture their drums over here but thailand doesn't have an dealership here so tracking a shop down has taken a while.the high street price here is ajust over half of that in the uk so thinking of getting 3 l.e tocas or a pair of classics.as for the tsunami yeah things seem to be pretty well back to normal though less tourists in the worst hit places.like all disasters life goes on..

Thanks for the reply and good luck in your conga search. :D
RitmoBoricua

Return to CongaSet and accessories