Pearl Elite Congas - Are these drums heavier than others?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Jump3223 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:46 pm

Hey all,

Just joined the forum.

I've been thinking about buying wood Pearl Elite congas. Does anyone know if they are heavier in weight than that of other comparable-sounding drums. I heard through the grapevine that they are heavy and a pain to lug around.

Are there other comparable drums for the same price? I'm an intermediate player.

Thanks for your help!
-Sam
Jump3223

Postby Raymond » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:07 am

If Pearl congas are heavier than others is probably not much. (I know their bongos are slighter heavier because the comfort rims are more "sturdier" than LPs).

Congas are not easy to "lug around". It does not matter the brand. (I tend not to accept many gigs in conga because of the hassle in carrying them)!

Comparable? Pearl Elites are priced equivalent to LPs Matador line which is LPs intermediate line. The hardware in Pearl Elites is much better than Matador and the finishes and wood are better quality. Pearl Elites are actually comparable to LP's top, the LP Classics, however, the Pearls are priced better. Therefore, if you want top quality and good sound, Pearl Elites are the way to go!

They are outstanding drums and recommend them all the way.

Tell us what you get! Saludos!
Raymond

Postby Tonio » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:19 pm

If they are heavy, then the Meinl floatunes are a ton!! :D

T
Tonio

Return to CongaSet and accessories