once more

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby roland » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:35 am

Thanks everybody for responses about lp vs. matador fiberglass congas. One last thought, the only alternative to lp seem to be the pearl elite fiberglass congas. I know Jonny Conga is endorsing them. Does anyone know how they compare to the lp or matador fiber congas? Once again, its the overtones that bother me most.

Thanks Roland
roland frauenberger
roland

Postby Raymond » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:34 pm

Overtones is just a matter to work with it...People do not realize that you are the only one that will notice the difference between a wood and fiberglass conga... Personally, I like it. The warmth of wood will be heard by the player and those close by but not the public...

.Pearls????? The new Pearl Signature Series Bobby Allende congas are currently their best fiberglass congas...(In NAMM 2004, I know Pearl is putting some new products but actually the improvement is in the colors and outer designs). They are priced pretty good. (Although, I am aware they are hard to find.)

The Pearl Bobby Allende's come for the seated player, 28 inch tall, and come with synthetic heads, Remo Fyberskins, from the factory...They have a "ringless" fiberglass conga and look like wood congas. (The do not have the ring that all fiberglass congas have in the middle of their body). Priced pretty good in comparison with LPs. They are great congas..and getting me a pair here pretty soon...

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby TigerBongo » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:51 am

roland wrote:Thanks everybody for responses about lp vs. matador fiberglass congas. One last thought, the only alternative to lp seem to be the pearl elite fiberglass congas. I know Jonny Conga is endorsing them. Does anyone know how they compare to the lp or matador fiber congas? Once again, its the overtones that bother me most.

Thanks Roland

What about the Meinl Fiberglass drums....Fibercraft......any comments by anyone? Better or worse than Lp.....etc
TigerBongo

Return to CongaSet and accessories