Flying with the Congas

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Goolie » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:06 pm

Hi,

I have a beautiful pair of LP Classic Congas, and i'm going to take them with me across the atlantic.
should i pack them in a special way to prevent temperature and air preasure damages (other then loosening the skin)?
any tips for travelling with congas?

Thanx!
Goolie

Postby GuruPimpi » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:48 pm

Goolie!

Since I have scretched my drums many times, and once bongos cracked because of ignorancy and low temperature i advise you to put your congas in at least in conga bags, which you can find at LP store, personally I have Meinl's conga bag, which I find very good.

The best would be Road Ready Conga Case (with wheels) by LP, i think.

I don't have experiences with putting my drums on a plane in other spaces than for passengers- bags or cases should be protection that is OK, but I advise you that You check this thing also with the company that You will fly with - ask and tell them about your 'sensitive' luggage; I brought my Djembe on a plane from Portugal by my side :) without problem.

Wish You and your congas nice and pleasent flight overseas and keep your relationship with congas healthy :D

Primoz
GuruPimpi

Postby ABAKUA » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:08 pm

I have used 'ragone' hard cases in past flights, I have recently purchased new LP Palladium tumbas and am getting some custom heavilly paded bags made up by a friend of mine as I have to do a fair bit of air travel for an upcoming tour I have.

Also, as you mentioned, keep the skins very loose.

Make sure you label your conga case/bag as fragile, as the airport luggage monkeys throw things around like they dont give a f*ck. :angry:
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Return to CongaSet and accessories