Mtador

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Cuidado » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:33 pm

Hi all,
I'va a litle question for the conga player.
What do you think about the Lp Matador or Lp classic?
I don't want buy the Pearl Elite because I bought theirs but they were broken.
hasta pronto.
Cuidado

Postby Raymond » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:31 pm

LP Matador and Classic??? Essentially the same conga. Big difference??? The comfort rims.. The classics have the "newest" comfort rims versus Matador having their first generation. Also, better hardware in the LP. (The difference, besides the "badging" is unnoticeable to some...BTW..this is the info I have. Do not know if any late changes. I know LP is sort of upgrading their Matador line in some things and their LP too. They even came out with Matador Customs, with black rims, that are a great deal in comparison with the regular Matador...).

Too bad you had the experience with the Pearl Elites...I considered them the best congas for the money out there...Definitively, recommend them....Have you checked with Pearl????

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby Cuidado » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:22 pm

Hi,
In fact I like the Pearl elite's sound.
But, they are arrived three times broken.
I don't have confident.
I want to buy instruments which I will keep for a long time.
Hasta pronto.
Cuidado

Postby GalloPinto » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:37 pm

Hola C,
If you are price sensitve, i would buy the LP Matador, which cost a little less than the Classic.

Regards,
GalloPinto
GalloPinto
GalloPinto

Postby Raymond » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:09 pm

Gallopinto,

Too bad your experience with Pearl??? That could happen with any brand. Do you talk to somebody at Pearl about it...Let me know, I might be able to help you there...of course, if you want the Pearl Elites...

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby CongaCaja » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:41 am

One thing that Raymond forgot to mention re: the differences between LP Classics and Matadors is the heads (skins). The skins on the Classics are better than LP. However, *all* heads from LP (even the Classics) are buffalo skin that have a treatment to them that I do not like.

Personally, I replaced the skins of my Matador drums with some nice thick cow skins

Another drum in the price range that you are looking is Meinl. The make a good drum too.

cjk
CongaCaja

Postby Jongo » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:36 pm

I have some Matador congas and I love them. They were a good deal in terms of price and the quality that you get, they have been really good. I have played the Pearl Elites and I like my Matadors way better. From what I have seen LP has started putting better heads on the Matadors. I have also played Meinl and they are OK but I would still go with Matador.
Jongo

Postby GalloPinto » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:16 pm

Matador it is then!!!
GalloPinto
GalloPinto

Return to CongaSet and accessories