Conga "TRANSPORT" - see post

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby clownmanus2000 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:30 am

I am interested in if it is safe or advisable to attempt to transport my congas "while" mounted on a stand. "not basket stands.
I am unfamiliar with the proper name for this type of stand, the duel telescopic tripod stand,
I am concerned with efficient and quick setup/breakdown , I have heard some squeaking while attempting to load my new congas in and out of my van "horazontal position". I am certian that some system of either bungie cord/net ? might facilitate a secure lifting and carrying in this postion, however i thought some of you might have techniques that would be superiour.
"these are not expensive instruments" i am prepared to modify or otherwise misstreat them in the name of practicality, I want to play these damb things and play them without any setup hastles or paranoia regarding damaging them.
clownmanus2000

Return to CongaSet and accessories