Conga Heads for LP Patatos?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Firebrand » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:17 pm

I'm looking for a head that accentuates the "baqeteo" and high end of playing (meaning, accentuate high cracks, slaps, etc.) I also want a head that is long lasting and doesn't have to be continually de-tuned or that doesn't lose TOO much tension from day by day.

i've tried regular skin heads and they lose tension very quickly. I had it at a certain tension for 5 hours, and 5 hours later, the tone was very low again. Not good.

I've heard a lot about Evans and LP synthetics (I tried the Evans Tri-Dot ones), and NySkyns, and Fibraskyns, etc.

Could someone, who is a professional and knowledgeable, give me a run down on the pros and cons of each of these heads, and who can give me a recommendations based on my particular desires (better baqeteo/high end, less detuning, longer lasting). I play on a set of LP Patato Congas.

Thanks

P.S. While you are at it, same questions and recommendations for a set of LP Wood Classics, if there is any difference to the recommendations for an LP Fiberglass Patatos.
Firebrand

Postby Firebrand » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:06 pm

hey guys, help me out. 13 people have viewed this topic, but no one posts anything?

Please give me some tips.

Take care
Firebrand

Return to CongaSet and accessories