LP Wood Classic (played by Giovanni) for sale!

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Firebrand » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:32 pm

Well, after much thinking, I bought a 3 set of Patato Fiberglass congas (2 congas, and one quinto) from Ebay at $650.00. What a price, huh? I'm only worried that I won't be able to get a nice low tone on one of the Congas, if I tune it low (to substitute for the Tumbadora). Whatever, if I can't get the sound, I'll find a Patato Tumba down the line.

I won't be needing my set of quinto, conga, and Tumba of LP Wood Classic, which were recently hand-picked by Giovanni Hidalgo for a gig I did with him here at the University of Massachusetts. So, you know they got to be good. The only thing is that the Conga has a broken head (so you will have to replace it). The quinto has an Evans Tri-head Skin, and the Tumba has a natural skin with a nice low tone.

I'm selling my wood set at $850.00 for the set of 3 them. If anyone is interested, please email me at rgb@polsci.umass.edu
Firebrand

Postby Isaac » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:05 am

Put a very thick head on one of the congas, and it'll function
better as a Tumbadora. I did that for a while before I finally
purchased my Galaxy fiberglass Tumba. Last yearI was at a lesson at Nicky Marrero's(Fania All-Stars) and he used a super thick head to make a conga sound more like a 2nd tumba.

~ Isaac
Isaac

Return to CongaSet and accessories