PEARL ELITE CONGAS - for $200 a piece

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby 120decibels » Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:13 pm

Steve Weiss Music in Pennslyvania has Pearl Elite Quintos, Congas and Tumbas for $200 a piece.

I've bought a lot of stuff ranging from mallets to marimbas from Steve Weiss and found them to be one of the best sources of drum stuff around. Here's a link to thier web site:

www.steveweissmusic.com

I'm not a Pearl guy myself, but I thought it was a good price on a good drum.

Zach
120decibels

Postby pearlplayer » Tue May 04, 2004 9:11 pm

They are now selling a Pearl Elite Set (Quinto, Conga, & Tumba) on their website. They shipped the day I ordered them, and I received them the next day!
pearlplayer

Postby stlouieray » Sat May 08, 2004 12:12 pm

Pearlplayer, how do you like your new congas. I've never played pearls, but I've heard good things about them, of late.

Just wundering,

Ray
:cool:
stlouieray

Postby Johnny Conga » Sat May 08, 2004 5:17 pm

Well I have been a Pearl Endorsee for over 6 years now and my Pearls do me just fine. I also have a set of fiberglass Pearls which are very nice also. I am now trying to get Pearl to do a "signature" series for me,but it's not that easy. I am also trying to get them to endorse and "accessory " for the congas that I have invented, but that is also is on the back burner.....so we'll see...i would buy those Pearls for that price for sure. JC JOHNNY CONGA....
Johnny Conga

Postby stlouieray » Sun May 09, 2004 1:18 am

I have to admit, based on the comments JC has made, and the price of $599.00 FOR THREE - need I go further.

I'd be on those like a duck on a junebug

:D
stlouieray

Postby yakseller » Tue May 25, 2004 2:16 pm

stlouieray,
I love them. The Pearl Elite's can definately compete with the high end LP's. I don't understand why more people don't try Pearl Percussion, besides wanting the LP name. The value received for the price is really unbelievable.
yakseller

Postby RitmoBoricua » Fri May 28, 2004 1:28 pm

Guest wrote:stlouieray,
I love them. The Pearl Elite's can definately compete with the high end LP's. I don't understand why more people don't try Pearl Percussion, besides wanting the LP name. The value received for the price is really unbelievable.

LP, Pearl, Meinl are all basically mass produce in Thailand, basically by the same people. Most of the times you are paying more just for the name, to me what really makes the biggest difference and make a conga, timbal or bongo sound real good is the player. :)
RitmoBoricua

Return to CongaSet and accessories