Matador vs. Matador Custom - What is the difference?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Massaman » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:19 am

Hi everyone,
I am hoping to get some input on these congas. I have just noticed 2 things that are different 1 being the price and 2 being the black hardware.

Can anyone help me with this? or if this question has been asked can you direct me to that post?

I just bought a Matador tumba (blue/chrome) and I have been saving up for the other 2. I noticed the Matador customs are cheaper in price, my question is; are they worth to buy now or shall I just save up some more money to buy the Matador (chrome)??

Any input would help,
Thanks. :D
Massaman

Postby lido66 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:15 am

i played a matador custom in a shop recently and was not impressed at all
lido66

Postby RayBoogie » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:28 am

Save your money, Bro! Those Matador's with black hardware is cheaply made, compared to the chrome hardware. I believe if you don't tone the black hardware equally you might bend the rim.

I have the black congas with the chrome hardware and I absolutely love them. They sound fantastic!
RayBoogie

Postby Raymond » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:49 pm

Yes, like Ray says, the difference is that the chrome hardware is better quality, and more resistant, than the black hardware but is the same conga (Meinl did the same thing prior to LP doing it with some of their bongos). Have to admit I like the look of the black hardware. They might be a good buy depending what you look for.

Saludos!
Raymond

Return to CongaSet and accessories