Palladuims Series vs.  Galaxy by Gio - Difference in sound

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby GalloPinto » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:12 pm

Gentlemen,
I'm thinking about purchasing the Palladiums, currently i have the LP Galaxy by Gio. is there a big difference in the quality of the sound? How does the super tumba sound? Before i make a purchase decision i need tips from the pros.

GalloPinto
GalloPinto
GalloPinto

Postby Raymond » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:37 pm

My understanding is that the Palledium will give you a more "bassy" sound in comparison with the regular Giovanni...The difference is the shape...The regular Giovanni's are made in the Patato model style, wide belly, small mouth, and the Pallediums are made wide just like the old congas from past....(The same material in both...ash wood). Not sure is they are shorter congas in 28 instead of 30 that are the Patato's

The Patato style of conga will give you sharper highs and a higher bass and are great to play in stands. However, some people don't like them because when you play seated the "small mouth" of the conga does not allow good volume. (LP makes the Galaxy series that includes the Fiberglass and Giovanni, the Accent, and of course, the Patato Model in the Patato style...Something they know that they keep on doing congas in that style...).

Saludos.
Raymond

Postby GalloPinto » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:25 pm

Gracias Raymond,
I will also buy the Traveling Through Time DVD, from what i gather Giovanni plays the LP Palladiums Series.
GalloPinto
GalloPinto

Return to CongaSet and accessories