Conga heads - Matador head on Remo conga

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby rhythmisit » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:00 pm

I am in the process of replacing Remo conga heads with natural skin. Recently I bought on Matador head 12 1/2" thinking it would fit my Remo tumbadora. Apparently it does not sit well. Seems like the matador head is just a little bit too small. I tried to soak it in luke warm water just the playing surface down - it still does not want to loosen up. Any ideas how to make this fit. There is a rim around top of my conga which does not adopt to the natural angle of the head. Please share ideas, thanks.
rhythmisit

Postby RitmoBoricua » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:43 pm

rhythmisit wrote:I am in the process of replacing Remo conga heads with natural skin. Recently I bought on Matador head 12 1/2" thinking it would fit my Remo tumbadora. Apparently it does not sit well. Seems like the matador head is just a little bit too small. I tried to soak it in luke warm water just the playing surface down - it still does not want to loosen up. Any ideas how to make this fit. There is a rim around top of my conga which does not adopt to the natural angle of the head. Please share ideas, thanks.

The only I can tell you is to buy the correct head for your Remo. One of the biggest problems with congas/bongos is that the head sizes are not standardize. Even buying LP heads for LP products is tricky, for exmaple you may think that any 12 1/2" LP conga head is going to fit your 12 1/2" LP tumba, you have to rethink that again because is not so. Take Care!
RitmoBoricua

Return to CongaSet and accessories