Batá book-Matanzas style!

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby tamboricua » Sat Aug 24, 2002 3:43 pm

Check it out at:

http://www.ejazznews.com/article.php?sid=338

Saludos, Jorge Ginorio ;)
tamboricua

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Gracias Jorge...there is also BataDrums.com...At your Service...JC JOHNNY CONGA.... ;)
JohnnyConga

Postby tamboricua » Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:08 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:Gracias Jorge...there is also BataDrums.com...At your Service...JC JOHNNY CONGA.... ;)

De nada! Johnny, congratulations on your teaching positions.

All the best!

Saludos, Jorge Ginorio ;)
tamboricua

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Aug 25, 2002 5:22 pm

VAYA TAMBORIQUA...GRACIAS!........JC JOHNNY CONGA.... ;)
JohnnyConga

Postby Francisco Vega-Miami, FL » Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:03 pm

Hey Johnny. Did you move to Seattle? If so, do you mind giving me the phone numbers to some of the cats that played at the beach on 6/9/2002. I'm the guy in North Miami Beach (Aventura). I recorded some of the Jam session that day. I could send you a Quick Time mpg CD of you playing (see pic below).

Thanks

Francisco Vega

Francisco Vega-Miami, FL

Postby Francisco Vega-Miami, FL » Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:06 pm

Woops, here is my email address and phone number:

Francisco Vega
305-935-6565

email: fvdvhome@bellsouth.net

Thanks
Francisco Vega-Miami, FL

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:19 am

WOW how cool is that!..Yea great shot Fransisco. How you doing Bro? Yea I moved up here to Seattle,a month ago. Just got back from a tour of Canada with the No.1 band here "Latin Expression". I have been busy between 5 different bands here and have already started teaching. It's like day and night from Miami to Seattle. But it is a lot better here for sure. There is artistic/musical life here,and plenty of places to play. Miami was doin the 'slow death' thing to me,now i wish I had left sooner,but hey Im here now and making the best of it. I feel for my musician friends who are not going to go anywhere living in Miami. It's a slow and "sunny" death!. I would tell any musician living there to get out now while you can, and find a "musicians life " elsewhere. Remember Florida is for those who want to "RETIRE", not for those who are looking for a career in Music. I know I lived there for 17 years.It was also the only place i ever lived where I wound up "homeless' in 89, trying to live a "musicians life". "I live to play and play to live". Hope all is well with you. Please emailme at johnnyconga@hotmail.com . I would like to get a copy of our jam onthe beach..Gracias...JC JOHNNY CONGA....
JohnnyConga

Return to Bata Drums