LP Drums Solos Revisited! - DVD

Let's talk about what can be found around that worth having..

Postby tamboricua » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:24 pm

tamboricua

Postby Simon B » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:28 pm

That DVD sounds awesome Jorge.

I shall be ordering soon.
Simon B

Postby tamboricua » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:54 pm

Simon B wrote:That DVD sounds awesome Jorge.

I shall be ordering soon.

There is a small preview @:

http://www.lpmusic.com/Product_Showcase/Whats_New/solos.html

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby Colacao » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:56 am

Nice,
Thanks for the info. Jorge

:)
Colacao

Postby Pete Murray » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:12 pm

i bought the DVD and have watched it several times. It is the best DVD I have ever seen, it has about 5 sets of players: bongos, congas and timbales. Each set of players has a completely different soloing approach than the others.

Overall the DVD is solid, the advanced section at the end was disappointing, but in general you will learn a vast amount of riffs and how the instruments interact with a vast set of percussion styles.
Pete Murray

Postby tamboricua » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:51 pm

Everyone shines on this DVD. Samuel Torres really cooked on this one! Not only by his percussion talent, but also for his arranging skills.

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:01 pm

Jorge ...lo Cubiche dice ese tipo un pingu!..Sammy Torres blew me away when I saw him at the competition in NYC, for best percussionist, he lost but man can he play. He is a "legit" player, meaning he is "classically" trained. He is not a "tipico rumbero", so that's where his arranging skills come in....and he has very very very fast hands, unbelievable...."JC" Johnny Conga..... :;):
JohnnyConga

Postby tamboricua » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:44 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:Jorge ...lo Cubiche dice ese tipo un pingu!..Sammy Torres blew me away when I saw him at the competition in NYC, for best percussionist, he lost but man can he play. He is a "legit" player, meaning he is "classically" trained. He is not a "tipico rumbero", so that's where his arranging skills come in....and he has very very very fast hands, unbelievable...."JC" Johnny Conga..... :;):

Yes, indeed a very talented cat! I haven't seen the Thelonius Monk competition video, but I'm totally sure that in the line of fire he threw with everything he got! For this DVD he not only collaborated all the tunes, in the "advance solos" section he does some really tasty stuff with 4 tumbadoras.

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio

Edited By tamboricua on 1096304642
tamboricua

Postby Jongo » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:02 pm

I received the LP drum solos revisited DVD the other day and it is very good. The camera angles are very good so you can see the performers hands as they play. I'll be honest, a lot of the solos are too advanced for me but I can pick up some riffs and it gives me something to work towards. I wish their had been a booklet with some transcriptions but I have mostly learned to play by ear anyway so that probably would not help much.
It was also nice having solos by the bongo, timbales and congas on the DVD so you could hear all three since they all work together and it is good to know all three instruments. Overall I really like this DVD and I enjoyed Ralph Irizarry as the host
Jongo

Return to Books, Videos, CD and other stuff