Kalani Videos

Let's talk about what can be found around that worth having..

Postby JerryA » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:14 pm

Today on the web I came across Kalani Music where they sell instructional videos on congas, bongos, and djembes. You can view clips of each video and they seem pretty good.

Has anybody seen these videos before? Or have any info on them. Because they're only about 30 min each which seems like not enough time to teach all the things in the description or in their clips.
JerryA

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:01 pm

I have in the past recommended Kalani's videos. He is a good player and teacher.. It all basic stuff, but it's good. WELCOME Jerry A to our family of Drum Brothers.... :D "JC" Johnny Conga....

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... chards.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JerryA » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:49 am

Thanks J.C.
I think I'm going to order myself one tomorrow, it looks like he really goes into detail on some stuff. Perfect for a newbie like me.
JerryA

Postby otto » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:30 pm

Hello JerryA

I have the kalani Tapes for congas and bongos they are some of the best tapes you can get, he goes over the different rhythms step by step with the the a notated chart and plays with you slowly and then provides the music to follow the rhythm at regular time. I have purchased several different tapes and I like these the best, That is until JC comes out with his.

God Luck JerryA

"Hand to Skin, Heart to Rhythm"
Otto
otto

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:15 pm

Hi Otto ...I am still preparing to go in and do this video on drumming....I have been very busy with a new band I have been in for the past 2 months(http://www.typeaband.com) and I am also moving into my first House here in Seattle...so right now my hands are full, plus I'm also working with other bands inbetween all this.....but it's gonna get done...I have received my "provisonal patent" for my "conga assessorie" invention, and I am waiting on Pearl Drums to see if they are interested in it, for production and marketing.....so I have had my plate full.....stay tuned...there's more to come..... :D "JC" Johnny Conga....
JohnnyConga

Return to Books, Videos, CD and other stuff